Host did not answers to my phone calls, the air bnb nightmare :(

Ivano25
Level 2
Tor Lupara, Italy

Host did not answers to my phone calls, the air bnb nightmare :(

Hi, at the moment my experience with air bnb it's a nightmare, the first day when i arrive in the flat i noticed a lot of bad thing, the washing machine are broken, the bed are horrible (i named it the luna park bed) also the door of the flat are completely rusted, the flat is situated underground without any window and fresh air (i'm with a newborn baby) the filter on air conditioning are completely dirt and full of dust...  yes is a nightmare so after many discussion with my host i leave the flat immediately and start a refund with airbnb, so now after 3 days air bnb still did nothing about it and i tryed to call my host 30 times in the last 24 hours but he completely ignore my calls....

i hope air bnb do some kind of protection about these people, but at the moment seems not...

i make like over 20 photo and video about how this flat is in really bad shape..

the most funny thing in the description of the flat there completely no mention about the flat is located underground with no fresh air and window ....

18 Replies 18
Ivano25
Level 2
Tor Lupara, Italy

The washing machine  broken and dirtThe washing machine broken and dirtThe main door, completely RUSTED, you can guess the quality of the air in the flat !!!The main door, completely RUSTED, you can guess the quality of the air in the flat !!!The air filter... full of dirt and dust, and this is the only source of air in the flat (because is situated underground)The air filter... full of dirt and dust, and this is the only source of air in the flat (because is situated underground)Here the floor ... -3 ? is a flat or garage ?Here the floor ... -3 ? is a flat or garage ?here it is the FAKE window !!!  you open it and you will find a wall !!! OMG !!!here it is the FAKE window !!! you open it and you will find a wall !!! OMG !!!flat or a GARAGE ? no fresh air at ALL !!flat or a GARAGE ? no fresh air at ALL !!this is the bed room, u can't walk there is no space...this is the bed room, u can't walk there is no space...

Ivano25
Level 2
Tor Lupara, Italy

Here is the video i make about the BED condition  (the luna park bed) and also you can see how deep in the ground is located the flat!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7Z474gSWVE&feature=youtu.be

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Ivano25 

OMG! It seems it was a storage room and they made an "apartment" out of it. It is horrible. Did you read his previous reviews before booking? Or it was a new listing?

I am surprised Airbnb didn't resolve your case immediately and refund you. Did you contact Airbnb within 24 hours after check in?

@Branka-and-Silvia0 wrote:

@Ivano25 

OMG! It seems it was a storage room and they made an "apartment" out of it. It is horrible. Did you read his previous reviews before booking? Or it was a new listing?

I am surprised Airbnb didn't resolve your case immediately and refund you. Did you contact Airbnb within 24 hours after check in?

yes it was a garage or a storage room for sure, and yes i left the apartment after 16 hours and open a refund procedure on airbnb, there is only one reviews so i think it's a new listing...

Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Can you share the listing link, @Ivano25?

Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Ouch. Although it's clearly not a luxury listing (the photos are like something out of 'The Shining'), the reality looks a little different.

It's easy to be clever after the event, but with just one review (and a fishy one at that) I'd have been reticent to book with this crowd. Looks like they've got an Airbnb factory going on!

Good luck getting your cash back, @Ivano25.

@Gordon0 wrote:

Ouch. Although it's clearly not a luxury listing (the photos are like something out of 'The Shining'), the reality looks a little different.

It's easy to be clever after the event, but with just one review (and a fishy one at that) I'd have been reticent to book with this crowd. Looks like they've got an Airbnb factory going on!

( 😞 i think it's not even legal rent an storage room masked as apartment, and he took away to me 1240 euro !

the listing it's not even close to the reality, i hope airbnb do something about these bad people!

@Gordon0 wrote:

Airbnb must do something about these bad people, if you look the listing, and the image number 20 you can see they claim the flat is on the street level... not at all !!

"Meraviglioso apt"   hjaaaaooo 😄 

btw @Ivano25  @Gordon0 the "host" has 1116 lisitngs !  This is another AJ 

@Branka-and-Silvia0 wrote:

"Meraviglioso apt"   hjaaaaooo 😄 

btw @Ivano25  @Gordon0 the "host" has 1116 lisitngs !  This is another AJ 

what this mean exactly ?

@Ivano25 @Branka-and-Silvia0 

AJ is small fry in comparison to this lot.

The "host" in this instance is a France/UK based "property management" company called HomeRez, absolutely shambolic outfit. Been punting their wares on Airbnb for a few years now. Same old story - dozens of cancellations, scores of crap reviews, Airbnb allows them to carry on listing with impunity.

Company is owned by Loic Dupont, former Projects Director at Booking .com, and Operations Director at Expedia, and Rachel Howes, former North EMEA Director at Booking .com, and current Director, Great National Hotels and Resorts. 

HomeRez has €10 million in funding behind them, including €6 million from French VC firm, Seventure, raised last November. Clearly haven't pumped too much of their windfall into improving their standards. 

Go get 'em, @Ivano25

This is criminal. @Susan17 @Ivano25