Host guarantee protection is all scam

Answered!
Lawrence196
Level 2
Pagewood, Australia

Host guarantee protection is all scam

I had a guest that damaged my properties and stole my stuffs, I don’t even wanna talk about the trauma am going through, I filled my complaint and lodged my documents for the supposed insurance ( host guarantee insurance) I was told am covered for, guess what, I received an email from Airbnb weeks after saying my claim is not valid, and was even rude to tell me that this will be the last time they talk about it.That they were not able to determine a valid claim, when I submitted the pictures of the damaged properties and where the stolen items were taken from and also with a copy of my police report with cctv tape. To my surprise they even told me to go get the money from the guest,  I don’t where or how to get my money from a thief and drug addict. I just don’t know the heart and manners they operate on, and for them to even tell me to go get my money off her means her profile is still active and another host will be there next victim,  I was devastated but my friends are helping me out in suing them cause am so traumatised and inarticulate right now, will let you guys know how it goes with the case, I urge my fellow host to stop before you become a victim or try and get your own insurance 

1 Best Answer
Lawrence196
Level 2
Pagewood, Australia

Hey

thanks for your reply, it’s just horrible and given the fact that am the victim the last response I got from on the staff was so condescending tell me that “this is the last time she will talk about it” it’s sad, I only used them because of the safety and guarantee they promised, I will fight them in court and after that will be the end of me hosting cause it’s not worth the stress and trauma I have been through.

thanks once more for reaching out I appreciate 

View Best Answer in original post

19 Replies 19
Alexander691
Level 2
Redwood City, CA

im going through my own version with a little girl who like to use a permanent pen on our furniture and a father who doesn't want to pay. Im currently thinking seeing both airbnb and the guest. It is a scam and even worse, our homeowners insurance said they won't cover an airbnb and i was like, "its ok because they have a $1,000,000 police to back us up".......... terrible down hill company, now looking for long term renter

Kyle148
Level 3
North Las Vegas, NV

Host protection / guarantee is BS. I have only had a few incidents over the years, but I have never once been supported by Airbnb no matter what evidence I provide. Complete scam. What exactly is the point of a security deposit? Because you can't get anything from it without the guest approving the charge. Makes no sense. I am so disgusted with how airbnb handles claims. They do not support their hosts in any way. Total scam. Total BS. 

Alexandria67
Level 1
Columbia, SC

I have had the same experience. Bully type replies from the customer service representatives noting that they will no longer reply to the matter and their decision was final. They have also transferred me from department to department and rep to rep. I have tried going through the BBB and have now reported Airbnb to the Federal Trade Commission for violation of the Truth in Advertising Laws. The post a host guarantee and if you read the policy, what we experienced should be covered 100%. In stead we are ignored, berated, bullied, and violated by this company.  As a bonus, I have requested the arbitration policy begin to which they have ignored me, twice.  As  a bonus, the person who caused the damage, has been permitted to continue as a guest on the service. Have to love the lack of security and safety Airbnb truly offers when you look behind the curtains. As of the last two weeks, they will not respond to my requests. 

Has any one tried the alternative listing sites like VRBO? 

And there seems to be quite a few of us with the same experience. If we collectively report them to the FTC and possibly take legal action, would this organization be held accountable?

I have the same experience, a renter broke my new bathroom closet, I got a local repairman in to repair it and the amount was not that big (50 euro), so I was expecting first the renter to be willing to pay, but he refused, so expecting the Host Guarantee program to pick up the costs. They did not even explain to me why it was not covered, they just send me the standard conditions form and told me my claim was not applicable for it @Airbnb its claim CLSF-103391. Airbnb took €198,47 on Service costs and then when the renter breaks something (50 euro's only) they are not there to support you and leave that amount for you to pick on. Very disappointed and very worried about this non existing Guarantee program.

Dana1004
Level 2
Philadelphia, PA

Does anyone know any journalists, reporters, people with well watched YouTube channels  who might want to do a story on  AIrbnb's phony host guarantee is destroyed the life of a family?

I started renting out the in-law suite in my house so I would be able to send my daughter to summer camp.

On July 10th, a guest set my house ON FIRE with my family inside.  The imbecile admitted to the fire Marshall that she left a candle unattended, came back the next day to retrieve her crystal collection, and walked away into thin air.  

It's September 2nd and Airbnb still can't decide if this disaster is covered by the host guarantee.  

They are requiring me to keep half  my home covered with soot, broken liquor bottles, melted sex toys ....even cat sh*t (and she had only been there 2 days!).!   They knew it was wet smoke fire and wouldn't even provide AIR SCRUBBERS so we could breathe clean air.  

The water used to put out the fire has resulted in serious mold growth that needs remediation I can't afford.  

I know I should be happy to be alive but, the truth is,  I sob every day.  

My family is disintegrating from stress and my career is falling apart.  

I walked my daughter into her first day of Kindergarten and she turned to her new teacher and said, "Mommy cries a lot and then she gets a headache."  

I worked so hard to buy the house.   I have to sell it a huge loss or walk away.  I'll never be able to afford another house in my lifetime. 

That's it.  I"m done.  Airbnb took so much away from me that I"m barely a mother  ....I'm barely alive.  Those liars took away my family's stability and safety and my child's future.    I'm at the point where I pray I don't wake up the next morning. So, thanks Airbnb.  I won't forget to credit you in my suicide note and send a copy to the Associated Press!