Host left false comment on my review

Alessandro479
Level 3
Washington, DC

Host left false comment on my review

Hi everyone this is my first topic, my name is Alessandro i’am Italian and living now in Orlando Florida.  I did differents trips  on Airbnb some of those trips were monthly trips and everything has always been great I always got amazing review and left awesome feedback. 

I want share my esperience about a past reservation here in Orlando Florida. The apartment  I live  needed some fixing work  and I booked a room in Airbnb for 3 nights.  I Explained host I am not a tourist , I maybe stay inside a house more time in the morning and afternoon  and because I work in the restaurant business I am going to came back late in the night . She agree. I asked for a place to plug my Xbox for see some movie she agree in the guest lounge. All great was a cold winter here in Florida and there is really nothing to do here if is cold.  

Few day  before going there , I realized i made a mistakes i reserved a room for 1 instead of 2 ( my gf ). I contacted Airbnb asking how is work. They text me no action needed I can bring my gf for free because is a listing for 2 and they will tell the host that .Good.

i went to the house whit my gf and they told me reservation was for 1 they want 25 dollars more for the extra guest. I show them what Airbnb support center told me and they insisted want more money. Cash. I told them to send me a request. I paid after few hours as soon as I got the email.

but I felt the tension from the host, she was not happy. And was little bit awkward for the first time I did not fell god stay in someone else house.

i contacted Airbnb explained the situation and they give me 25 dollars bonus the amount she asked me.

I have to add that appended that me and my Gf got 2 days off  from work during those day in that house, we wake up late, left for the afternoon and come back after dinner and watch a movie. I never seen other guest they maybe went to the Disney Parks leave early in the morning and arrived later in the night.

The day I left the house I made a 4 stars review just because I did not me she asked more cash money and I did explain  the issue I had. She is a super host .

she never review me because I think she felt my review was not going to be that good, but she waited  and just make a comment . She stated I did not want pay (  of course not she asked me cash I paid via app  after few hours ) that I occupied a tv, (We wasn’t loudly we used wi fi headphones ) . Are there any limitation time I can see a tv  she agree I use and was listed on the amenities !? If I watch a tv whit no loud for 4 hours a day is it a problem!?  I don’t think so but would like your host opinion . And last but not least she said I stoled her remote batteries . False.

i contacted Airbnb and explained the situation asking to remove this false  and calumny comment , she basically said I am a thief and a bed guest and did not want pay. Airbnb said was against policy remove a comment, this comment was not even on my review page and I have to deal whit that. 

That make me me even more upset I don’t like people said wrong thing about me. I started texting and Calling costumer services several times  realized that worst case scenario they going to ban me and not big deal I don’t want make business whit someone like Airbnb  thinks  and agree I’am a thief and are other way to rent place or hotels ,and they always told me the same , no cancel policy and invited me to have a friendly attitude that I had , make me understand I can delete my account if I wasn’t happy.

I ended up asking a symbolic  1 dollar refund or an apology to the host she refused and I involved Airbnb again. This time I found a nice operator proposing me to deleting the commet cause he felt I was wrong accused. I know maybe I mad a big deal but I won 🙂 I did not do for money or else but just for the truth .thanks for reading my first post if you have questions, impressions or criticism let me know !!

2 Replies 2
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands
Freda7
Level 1
Saskatoon, Canada

I'm in the same boat. The place I stayed at was ok, the host was nice. But the fridge stunk like a dead person when I got there and found the couch hard asf. I wasn't aware of the deadline to write your review, I missed it. I was abit surprised thou to find out, that she said I left the place flithy. Which is untrue! I threw out the garbage, left clean linen on the couch and a couple dishes. When I got there, she told me the people who stayed there left a big mess, I have the text to prove it! Also I have pictures to prove that I didn't leave her place flithy. I was going to write I wouldn't stay there again but argh. Now I am unable too!