Host notifications not working (SMS, Email or App)

Lance166
Level 2
Dundee, OR

Host notifications not working (SMS, Email or App)

I have contacted support 6 times about this and it has never been resolved. This has been going on ever since i became primary host of this property.

i have all my notifications turned on but am not getting reliably SMS, email or app notifications. If I text START to
247-262 or 1 475 239 1704 i will get notifications for a couple days then it just stops.

I then have to test START again to get notifications.  Some how my settings are reseting, or timing out.

My co-host is a friend and she has no problem getting messages. I am using PriceLabs to set dynamic pricing, but they have no connection to guest messaging. 

The AirBnB support has been awful, and they close the case before any resolution is found. Its been really frustrating trying to tell them the problem and get any response back.

Does anyone else have this problem? Its definitely affected my buisness.

4 Replies 4
Normen0
Level 10
Canada

@Lance166 Yes, one the the hosts that I cohost for is having the issue right now.  Same thing, all notifications turned on.  This has happened to me in the past a few times, I’ve deleted the app and reinstalled and ensured everything was updated etc.  Sometimes, deleting the app worked. Sometimes not and it just returned on it own.  A couple of days ago, I was denied permission to approve a request.  Last week, I was denied permission on to read expanded reviews for cohosted listings.  The issues all resolved on their own. It’s very frustrating! 

aw that is frustrating so sorry to hear. the assistance has been embarrassing from Airbnb. There is absolutely no empowerment or true intent to see the problem solved on the Airbnb Support side. Mostly it's canned responses...  It honestly would be better if they didn't even try to assist- it's been an absolute waste of my time repeatedly going over the issue.

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Lance166 I've always had problems with the notifications, or at least for as long as I can recall. I have push notifications, text and email notifications turned on. The only reliable on is the latter, but I am not checking my emails constantly, so that's the whole reason I want push notifications/texts.

My experience has been that very often, I will not get a notification of the first message/booking request from a guest, i.e. the most important one, although I will get a notification 12 hours later reminding me to respond. In general though, there seems to often be a time lag on the texts/notifications. They usually come after I've already replied to the guest. Recently, I have received notifications about messages guests from guests that were sent and responded to 1.5 days before!

I have given up on trying to get CS to acknowledge this. They just make out like it must be my phone (actually, this is my THIRD phone since I started hosting and they have all been different brands and the same problem with the Airbnb App on all of them, yet no problems with other Apps...).

The last rep I spoke to this was so useless, I just ended the conversation as it was getting too frustrating. I explained to her over and over that the problem was that A. I was not getting notified about a lot of messages and B. There was a long time delay on the notifications I was getting. She just kept replying , "So, what you are saying is that you don't want notifications? You know you can just turn them off?"

Honestly, it's less painful having to constantly check my inbox just in case there's a new message/request than having to deal with CS reps like that.

Rorke0
Level 2
Hagerstown, MD

I just had this problem for two weeks where I was no longer receiving the text/SMS notifications. I finally reached out to AT&T and they helped me resolved it , it seems to be working OK now. What I had to do was go into my Airbnb profile/settings and change my cell phone number to a different number. I then verified that different number. ( you’ll get a code texted to you)Then I changed the number back to my cell phone number and verified it, and it seems to be working now. Maybe this fix will help you.