Host public replies to reviews

Geri26
Level 10
Adelaide, Australia

Host public replies to reviews

Is it just me and my settings (PC not app) but I can no longer see any host replies to a guest review?  I try to add a comment to all public reviews I receive but am wondering if there is any point in continuing the practice if no-one can see them.

In fact, I have to hunt now to even find the guest review in the first place - tucking it away in performance or under the reservation is not as easy as just opening the review tab.  But I digress....

If host replies are no longer visible, how are we to respond to those reviews with issues that need to be negated or clarified?

4 Replies 4
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Geri26 

A host reply to a guest review is (offcourse) visible on the profile page of the host.

All written/received reviews including comments you left on guest reviews are listed in your account, direct link is: https://www.airbnb.com/users/reviews

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Geri26  With the new layout, I've found you need to click through to "all reviews" to see host replies under the listing.  You've got lovely reviews at the top and it's doubtful many people will drill down through all of them before deciding to book, so I wouldn't worry too much.  When people write me especially nice reviews I thank them in a direct message.  Most people who leave a 4 for this or that leave lovely written reviews so there's nothing to correct on the public-facing side.

Geri26
Level 10
Adelaide, Australia

Hi @Ann72  - thanks for your reply. Yeah, I am happy with all of my reviews, even the couple with areas of improvement so that wasn't the reason for my query.  I do respond privately as well but I use the reply to review option as an opportunity for future guests to see how I interact with guests and was curious as to why I couldn't see the replies on either my account or others in my area.  I doubt a guest will drill down too far to see all reviews or host responses but as you say, they are mostly positive.  I need to update my 'about' information after reopening recently from Covid once I take my new pics so may let a bit of humour show through there instead.

Keep safe in NY - my thoughts are will you all in these trying times 🙂

Thanks, @Geri26, you too!