Host requesting money

Host requesting money

A month back, mid September, a couple of friends and I stayed at an Airbnb accommodation for $212. Once we had left, the hosts sent us photo's of bed sheets on one of the beds with had 4 marks the size of half a coin or nickel. The hosts then proceeded to threaten us and requested an amount of $600 which is almost three times the amount we paid to stay there not to clean the sheets, but to replace the bedding entirely. No effort was made to ask us to assist in removing the stains and no real effort was even made to clean the sheets. As at any hotel accommodation, it is unrealistic to expect your guests to pay for wear and tear of everyday accommodation business and to our knowledge, the stains may not even have been made by us. Never have I stayed at a hotel and been contacted to replace bedding with a few marks on it to the value of three times the accommodation price? We do not have that kind of money in the first place and even if we did, no property was damaged and we cannot be expected to pay for replaced linen as this is surely the ordinary line of business. Please help.

2 Replies 2
Cynthia-and-Chris1
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

@Zabe0 Decline their request with a short, factual response. 

...and personal Airbnb’s are much different than corporate hotels, so it’s not exactly fair to relate everything back to “how it is in a hotel.”

How will Airbnb pay in to host account after sharing ur account details. Cause I have not seen respond from Airbnb about my account