Hosted by....

James2743
Level 9
Norfolk, United Kingdom

Hosted by....

I use my own website for bookings as well as Airbnb.

Would I be able to change my 'hosted by' from my name to hosted by XXXXXXXX,com (I'd make one full stop a comma so it wasn't an actual web address).

Maybe I would I have to start a new account called XXXXXXXX,com

Any thoughts?

3 Replies 3
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@James2743 A bit obvious to try and direct people to your website but I guess it might work except I don't see how you verify yourself if its a website name (with a comma of course)

James2743
Level 9
Norfolk, United Kingdom

I was just curious as, if I did it, I didn’t want to get a ban. I was hoping that an admin might rule one way or the other?

Kia272
Level 10
Takoma Park, MD

@James2743 That doesn't seem like a very good idea. When you use the AirBnB platform, you agree to the terms. After guests have stayed with you, it's fair game: You can promote your own website, and if they want to come back, you can encourage them to book directly through you. 

It seems really wrong to blatantly try to do that directly from the AirBnB platform, which is what you'd be doing if you do this. 

What you should do, is simply think of the money you are paying to AirBnB as part of your advertising budget, and play by the rules. 

I'm not AirBnB's biggest fan, but fair is fair, and what you are suggesting is wrong. If I randomly came across your listing and saw something like that, I'd report it. 

Kia