Hosting Calendar and Saved Messages Gone

Answered!
Jillian115
Level 10
Jamestown, CA

Hosting Calendar and Saved Messages Gone

The hosting calendar always seems to be an issue. When they changed it to teams, I suddenly could not see a month at a glance, and apparently, there is no way to turn it back.

After calling Airbnb, they said;  click listing>> select the listing>> then under the header, click calendar.
It's was super annoying, but it worked. I have been doing this for months when accessing monitoring my listing from my computer.

Today it seems they have removed the monthly calendar link and replaced it with "Listed",  and "Instant Book On".  I can no longer view my calendar by month, on the computer, only one continuous line that only shows a week at a time. Great idea. make it difficult to manage the listing so you can promote instant book.

They need to start beta testing with hosts. Their updates are way too often and rarely do they improve anything. The app is updated on my phone more than any other app and I have about 60 apps.

Also, in the recent update, all of my saved messages have disappeared.

Thanks, Airbnb.

1 Best Answer
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Jillian115  You can still get the monthly calendar view, but they have made it impossible to intuit how. It makes no sense for them to do that, it's just another one of those highly frustrating things about this platform.

To see the monthly calendar, when you are in your dashboard and the weekly calendar is at the top, look to the left of that in the menu bar where it has the name of your listing. Click on the little arrow next to it and your monthly calendar should appear.

View Best Answer in original post

5 Replies 5
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Jillian115  You can still get the monthly calendar view, but they have made it impossible to intuit how. It makes no sense for them to do that, it's just another one of those highly frustrating things about this platform.

To see the monthly calendar, when you are in your dashboard and the weekly calendar is at the top, look to the left of that in the menu bar where it has the name of your listing. Click on the little arrow next to it and your monthly calendar should appear.

Thank you.  You're right it isn't intuitive.  I really hate how they make things so hard. It shouldn't take four click to find you reservation monthly view calendar. UGH. If they want someone to turn on instant book then send them a message don't change the platform 50 times.   

@Jillian115  Whoever programs this stuff is absolutely in love  with clicks, the more the better. Ridiculous time waster.

Shouldn't be this hard.  How about a calendar link that shows the month?  What good is a week in a long row?

@Susan-and-Thomas0 The calendar that shows a week in a long row is actually brilliant if you have more than one listing (we have 3). It is very easy (once you know how to do it) to get the monthly calendar view.