Hosting Hurricane Evacuees??

in
Jacksonville, FL
Level 3

Why is there no information available to hosts who are willing to open their homes to people evacuating the Carolinas in advance of Hurricane Florence???

Tags (1)
7 Replies

Re: Hosting Hurricane Evacuees??

in
State of Pernambuco, Brazil
Level 2

I have never seen anything like it in Brazil, where I live, but I welcome your beautiful initiative. Good luck to all Americans. Instagram: @seuhost

in
Beulah, MI
Level 1

I'm in Michigan but my cottage is available starting 9/16 for Hurricane relief.

Administrator in
London, United Kingdom
Administrator

Hello @Debbie100,

Lovely to meet you, it's wonderful to hear you want to help with this. 

I'm not sure if you know, Airbnb has a dedicated page set up for looking for / providing emergency shelter, called Open Homes. When you visit this page, you will see that there is an appeal open for urgent accomodation / relief for Hurricane Florence. 

I would recommend taking a look there.

I hope this helps.

Lizzie

(FYI – @Pam234 and @Eraldo0)

--------------------

I'm currently on maternity leave. I look forward to catching up when I return. In the meantime, please contact another member of the Community Manager team: Personal Update

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides

in
Lake View, IA
Level 1

Where is this page located in site?

in
Atascosa, TX
Level 10

in
Hot Springs, NC
Level 1

I have opened my home and have evacuees coming. I appreciate that Airbnb does this and I’m happy to help, however Airbnb gets the good press and the hosts get nothing. It would be nice to get $100 credit or something for accepting evacuees. 

in
Jacksonville, FL
Level 3

I completely agree. They have zero skin in the game.