Hosting a Meetup Community Event

Mary35
Level 2
Shibuya, Japan

Hosting a Meetup Community Event

Good afternoon fellow hosts,

How do you create and host an airbnb community meetup event? Do you have to contact Airbnb support or is there an option to simply create and start a meetup event on the site?

Thank you kindly.

Mary

7 Replies 7
Gary62
Level 2
Penticton, Canada

I would like to create a Meet-up event for the South Okanagan, BC. That would involve several communities...Osoyoos, Oliver, Okanagan Falls, Penticton, Summerland and Peachland. How do I go about the actual creation of the Meet-Up?

Gary Haupt

Penticton,  BC

Gary62
Level 2
Penticton, Canada

I would like to create a Meet-up event for the South Okanagan, BC. That would involve several communities...Osoyoos, Oliver, Okanagan Falls, Penticton, Summerland and Peachland. How do I go about the actual creation of the Meet-Up?

Gary Haupt

Penticton,  BC

Nathalia4
Level 2
São Paulo, Brazil

I would love to know how to create a meetup as well, I have searched everywhere here at the Community page but couldn't figure it out yet.

I'd like to know how to create a Meetup event ... do we have an Airbnb moderator who can comment please!

Hosting since Thanksgiving Day 2012 and over 1,000 stays. May you ever be the benevolent ruler of your own domain--YOUR life. Allow no other to rule over it.
Gary62
Level 2
Penticton, Canada

So...here is my take on this...holding a Meet-Up is pretty much a do it yourself, hope for the best kind of gathering. Am I right?  AirBnB should be right on this..it is a way to further the 'cause', if you will. Many communities are expressing concerns about the AirBnb activity and that is not to say that other organizaation (VRBO) don't play a role but the words on law passers lips is AirBnB. To educate and offer a balance to the discussion would be invaluable. And if not that, then to offer some suggestion to make a Meet-Up successful for the Hosts attending.

C'mon Air...you are better that this silence.

Gary Haupt

Penticton, BC

Hi Gary,

you got a good point . We were thinking about doing something like this. We are in Kelowna Lower Mission and have problem with house insurance. Once we say Airbnb they say we have nothing or premium goes x3. Do you have insurance which is reasonable or just don’t say Airbnb?

Nicola445
Level 2
Lake Country, Canada

These posts are so old!  Has anyone started an Airbnb meet up in the okanagan area?  I’m in Lake Country just between Vernon and Kelowna and would love to start a monthly host meet up in the area or even in my home if necessary (option) I just moved here and it’s a good way to meet your fellow hosts and discuss the good, bad and funny moments.  This also the option of meeting at Starbucks for a coffee as there is one in Lake Country that has a large table for up to 10 or 12 people. I would love to hear from anyone interested..  I also live in the The Lakes Community.  

Nicky