Hosting a guest that is booking for family

Justin-and-Bitsy0
Level 1
Indianapolis, IN

Hosting a guest that is booking for family

I just recently got a good offer for a popular weekend here. I would like to take it but am very careful with who I choose. It is a woman who just started on air bnb and she had no reviews. I asked her about herself and she seems ligit. At my request, they did get a close friend who is a superhost to recommend them highly. Heres my delema, it is a woman booking for her husband and son who are flying into town for an event here. So she is not coming. I am new to AirBnB and want to make sure I follow all the rules. Are there rules against this? Is this common? Does this sound like a bad idea to anyone? Should I require she verify her husbands ID? Thoughts are appreciated!

3 Replies 3
Donna15
Level 10
Delft, Netherlands

@Justin-and-Bitsy0, this is a third-party booking, which is not allowed.

Ask her to have her husband register with AirBnB and make the booking himself. 

He should also provide some ID verification.

The superhost who provided the review/reference should know that third-party bookings are a no-no. 😉

@Donna15 Contrary to popular opinion, many Super Hosts are just as ignorant of Airbnb policies as any other host!  You're right, she should have known about 3rd party bookings.  

I once received a reservation request from a Super Host who asked lots of questions with end result that she was going to have to consult with friends....Duh, should have been an inquiry, not a reservation request which I had to tell her to cancel!

Indeed, @Clare0, one can't make too many assumptions. 🙂