Hosting during the winter months

Answered!
Jacqueline933
Level 1
West Helmsdale, United Kingdom

Hosting during the winter months

We are a small studio/bunkhouse located in the Highlands of Scotland.  Our accommodation has 4 bunkbeds, fully equipped kitchen, lounge area and shower room.  Primarily a holiday rental but we are open all year so would like to attract a wider community during the winter months such as guests who are travelling for work purposes.

1 Best Answer
Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Jacqueline933  Are you looking for advice from fellow hosts?  I love your place and the setting is incredible.  Do you have a space for people to work at their laptops and good wifi?

I have a seasonal place, too, and normally don't get many off-season guests unless I offer promotional discounts.  Alternatively you could change your listing title for a period of time in the winter to mention business travelers.

Looking through the photos of your space I had one wish:  a tartan shower curtain.  😊

View Best Answer in original post

5 Replies 5
Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Jacqueline933  Are you looking for advice from fellow hosts?  I love your place and the setting is incredible.  Do you have a space for people to work at their laptops and good wifi?

I have a seasonal place, too, and normally don't get many off-season guests unless I offer promotional discounts.  Alternatively you could change your listing title for a period of time in the winter to mention business travelers.

Looking through the photos of your space I had one wish:  a tartan shower curtain.  😊

Jacqueline933
Level 1

Thanks for the advice Ann.  I will certainly implement all of your ideas (including the tartan shower curtain).

🙂

@Jacqueline933  For some reason I'm unreasonably excited about the tartan shower curtain.  Sigh.  This pandemic has really done a number on me!  🤣🤣🤣

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

What’s your question @Jacqueline933 ? 

Jacqueline933
Level 1

Hi Helen.

I just want to pick other host's brains to find out the best ways of getting bookings over the winter months and also if anyone knows of companies who may want to use self-catering accommodation here in the North east Highlands for their employees who need to work away from home.

Cheers, Jackie 🙂