Hosting in France - new rules

Elisabeth419
Level 1
Poitou-Charentes, France

Hosting in France - new rules

A message at the top of Dashboard says: 
"Confirm your listing type before January 01 to continue hosting in France". 

I've clicked on everything I can think of, and can't find what this means or what to do about it! Please help, anyone?

4 Replies 4
Fanny4
Level 2
Zellwiller, France

I have the same question. I do not know how to answer.

My airbnb is a separate apartment that is part of my house. The house is my main habitation but not the apartment as such, which is also not a secondary residence.

I feel it does not enter in any category.

Hi Fanny. Have you had any more clarity on your question? We are just about the launch the same thing, an apartment that is part of the main house but has a separate entrance. The rules don’t seem entirely clear to me, and No amount of googling has given me any clarity, and the mairie aren’t any help either. 

Thanks

Mae 

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi there @Maryke1 ,

Did you know we have a dedicated French speaking community? You may have more luck finding your solution there! Here is the link: Community Center FR

Many thanks

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Hi everyone

Until last Saturday I owned a lovely apartment in Paris 75005. After complying to the letter with the Airbnb recommendations and guidelines concerning the City's requirements, including having a City official visit our apartment and give me the OK, I now face a Paris court on 3 September, with a maximum penalty of 50,000 euros ($70,000 USD) and an ongoing penalty of about 320 euros per night for each night let. So I have had to let down all my upcoming guests and sell our dream apartment.

My advice to the Airbnb "community" is:

Don't count on Airbnb to get it right for you.

Get a lawyer in Paris involved before you let a City official into your place for registration .

You will have noticed over the years that Airbnb treats its guests better than the people who actually own the home.  So, out goes my Superhost status for Paris, but also for our Australian property.

Disgusted? You bet!!!