Hosting in Tier 4 Uk

Natalie837
Level 1
Loxwood, United Kingdom

Hosting in Tier 4 Uk

I am in tier 4. I am still receiving requests to book. Does anyone know if hosting still allowed?? 

6 Replies 6
Helen350
Level 10
Whitehaven, United Kingdom

Hi @Natalie837 ,

The gov.uk site should tell you what you need to know https://www.gov.uk/guidance/tier-4-stay-at-home#travel 

Nb "Traveling to a Tier 4 area from a Tier 1, 2 or 3 area

You should not travel into a Tier 4 area from another part of the UK except for legally permitted  reasons such as: work...." (and a few other exceptions.)

Scroll down & you will read "Guest accommodation providers.... may remain open for the specific purposes set out in law......" - i.e. for people who need to travel for essential reasons; work, moving house, caring, funerals etc, - not leisure/holidays/family jollies!

Helen350
Level 10
Whitehaven, United Kingdom

@Natalie837 A moot point:

@Mike-And-Jane0 commented yesterday on a similar thread, that they couldn't actually find mention in the legislation of hosting not actually being allowed! But there IS mention enough of the potential guests  not being allowed to travel stay from/to/in Tier 4!

So I suppose you have to ask yourself whether you wish to aid & abet the rule breaking of others by hosting non-essential stays?

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

I would put Tier 4 restrictions up front in your listing and restrictions from those coming from abroad to quarantine if not in the safe travel corridor.

I have asked for proof from those who say they are coming to work in my area.  @Natalie837 

Sharon1092
Level 2
Chesterfield, United Kingdom

I've been asked to host from a chap travelling home from America and needs to self isolate. Obviously I can't host him? My self and son live here too. How do I decline his request without Airbnb penalising me? Last time they automatically blocked out the dates but this time they remain open, anyone any clues at all? Thank you in advance

Sharon1092
Level 2
Chesterfield, United Kingdom

@Sharon1092 I don't think the dates will get blocked unless you are cancelling a reservation. Even if they do get blocked its surely not a problem as it is currently illegal to hosting Tier 4 (assuming you are in Derbyshire) bar a few exceptions which may not even apply to shared listings