Hosting

Answered!
Sarah455
Level 2
Glasgow, United Kingdom

Hosting

I've just started Airbnb. My listing states I have 1 private room available and a shared bathroom facility. Is it necessary to clearly stipulate that my room is not en-suite?

1 Best Answer

Not really, but some guests will appreciate that you mention where the bathroom is in relation to the room, like saying it's "down the hall" or whatever.  My assumption would be that a shared bath is automatically not an en suite but there are jack-and-jill options that would be shared en suite just not a typical situation for sure.    

View Best Answer in original post

29 Replies 29

It schould mean more or less emediate.

Lynette36
Level 2
San Juan, Trinidad and Tobago

Has anyone had guest that you felt putt-off by. I recently had a family of three. On the second day I was tidying  around the yard and wetting the plants; In passing I told they good morning and got a very short good morning back and they disappeared into the house. I did send a text asking how they were doing a couple days later. Got a short reply that they were fine. After that no communication from them until they left. Their parting was very uneasy. Father and daughter had nothing to say to me. I am trying to rack my brains as what I may have done to get such a reaction. It has been 4 days since they left. I have not received any review on Airbnb from them. 

Even though I know not all guests will be the same, this esperience is a little troubling cause I consider myself a considerate host.

What do you all think. Any advise on how to treat future incident like this one.

Lyn

Send a letter and ask them, is my advice. Good luck!

There are all kind of people and their actions are not always conceded to us. Don't take it on you. I'm sure you did nothing wrong  (:

People are weird, dont take it personally 

Don't. Take it personal because it is not. If I was you I will not communicate with them and not ask them for a review. Obviously they wanted to be left alone for whatever reason it has nothing to do with you. They might be just lacking social skills.

hi might want to visit philippines i have a private unit to share. just let me know if your intersted or if your travelling here. hope to host you soon. 

Anyone else think that this is a strange thread with many 'first' posts and few answers?  If you want thoughtful answers to your questions, start a new thread on your specific topic and experienced hosts will try to answer.  If you ask a new question in an old thread, not so much.

Hi All,  I am very new to AirBnB.  I am a host.  I list an entire vacation home.  I charge a cleaning fee so I do not expect guests to clean the house before leaving, but I am surprised by guests leaving unwiped counters, food in sink, crumbs on floor.  Am I expecting too much?  When I leave a hotel room I straighten it up!!  It definately could be just me.  I don't want to leave unfavorable reviews about anyone.  So I just wanted to know what other hosts do in this situation?  Am I expecting too much, and just need to deal with it.

Hi Patricia, I have been airbnbing for multiple properties for the last couple years and that would be the least of my problems , clean up. Expect for people not to clean up after themselves regularly and I mean dishes dirty diapers wet towels trash. mostly people do not clean up after themselves that is why there is a cleaning fee to compensate for people's lack of understanding how air BNB works

Oh and I am very concerned about pests being attracted into the house!

Raise your cleaning fee and send a cleaner while the guests in the house. That said, your Listing will includes house keeping service.

Paula796
Level 2
Portsmouth, United Kingdom

Hi. I run my own property management business in Winchester Hampshire (UK )

I am a co host and have reached super host status.

I am wondering if anyone in my area is looking for any help with hosting there property?

We can offer a full management programme or just the booking/messages/meet and greet etc. References available. 

Taymor0
Level 2
Istanbul, TR

Many hosts don.t care for sharing bathroom just need clean worm place to sleep and majority need wifi and small kitchen

I find it's best to be as clear as possible to meet the expectations of your guests. Just to avoid any disappointment! If the bathroom is down the hall, might be worth a mention.

I hope you're finding hosting ok so far? It can seem like there's a lot to take in! There's lots of great advice on forums like these, and plenty of experienced hosts to share ideas with, so you've made a great start by dropping by! If I could offer any advice it would be to:

1. Make sure your place is well-maintained and super clean!
  2. Take great photographs of the interior and exterior (maybe even add a video to your listing)
  3. Make sure your listing is appealing, showcase features (e.g. by the beach, hot tub etc)
  4. Use a catchy title 
  5. Communicate with your guests (prompt and clear communication is a must)!
  6. Be organised, stay up to date with your calendar and schedule cleaning and maintenance
  7. Draw up house rules (you might want to consider a security deposit)
  8. Market your property to gain maximum exposure and target your audience - I have been working on this recently in a bid to increase my bookings - I found this interesting: https://www.airgms.com/vacation-rental-marketing/

Best of luck with hosting, hope you get some lovely guests and make lots of lovely money!