Hosts and Sites Transfer Responsibility to Guests

우린0
Level 1
Auckland, New Zealand

Hosts and Sites Transfer Responsibility to Guests

Hi, everybody.It's about another reservation HMJ538WYBB.If necessary, please check the conversation history at the below my post.

In this case, it seems that both the guest and the host did not have a cancel button because the reservation was made on the day of check-in.It's a bit unfair, because the hosts mentioned that they cancel first, so I didn't check in.But one host asked why I didn't check in the next day.Considering that there are two hosts, it seems to me that the content of hosting is constantly changing.They said they canceled my reservation, but the hosts couldn't see the cancel button because it was booked on the day of check-in.So the hosts should have contacted your Airbnb company, but they probably didn'tBecause the hosts said they canceled and refunded me, I didn't check in of course and waited for cancellation and refund.How can I claim compensation in this case?Warm regards,Rin.

**[Private conversation removed in line with Community Center Guidelines]

2 Replies 2
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@우린0 

I am totally confused. Why do you make a reservation on same day, why want to cancel and what is the connection with house sitting ?

우린0
Level 1
Auckland, New Zealand

I had a personal problem. I had to go to the border once to get a stamp. So I asked if I could sit for a few more days.

I didn't check in because the hosts refused and they said they would refund me that day.

**[Private conversation removed in line with Community Center Guidelines]