Hosts are unable to send me co-hosting invite

Answered!
Prayas1
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Hosts are unable to send me co-hosting invite

Hi All,

I am a professional co-host managing over 80 properties worldwide.

As some of you would have noticed, the new 'Teams' tab appeared on some profiles including me and ever since the appearance of 'Teams' tab - I have about 4 new hosts trying to send me cohost invite but it doesn't work.

For last 2 weeks, after entering my email ID, the co-hosting invite screen either used to go blank or randomly it will give error 'email id is incorrect' - of course the email ID was correct!

Spoke to customer services numerous times about this but none of them had any clue whats going on - even all those 4 hosts spoke to customer services and were all given different (silly!) reasons about why its not working blah blah...!

Today I noticed a new error it has started giving 'You can't invite a user who is a member of a team.' - Now, I get this error, so you can't be a using the new 'Teams' tool and the traditional co-hosting at the same time because they both do the same thing and Airbnb wants everyone to remove themselves from cohosting or teams tab to get it all to work again.

The problem is:

1. I don't know how do I remove my self from 'Teams'

2. Removing myself from 80 listings and adding again as 'Team member' is not feasible in my scenario.

I hoping anyone else here has been experiencing the same issue - if you could suggest a way around.

Appreciate if moderators can take this up to the technical team get this a sensible solution.

Thanks

Prayas Choudhary
1 Best Answer

I think I just did it!

If you opted out from the Professional tools and features (including Teams) you need to opt-in again. So you can opt out in the correct order. I think the order was the cause of the issue. And by doing it in the correct order it helped me eliminate the problem, but I am not sure. I tried several things. Let me know if it solved it for you too.

First thing is to eliminate any enterprise info, and email address you could have stored in your profile's settings. 

Then deactivate the team from within the seetings of the Team's tool. (This is what @Paul1255 refers to) Thanks by the way!

Anotación 2019-04-16 155904.jpg

Next, return to your profile settings, and select (Stop using them) in the Professional hosting tools 

A message like this should appear: the Teams option should eliminate from the host options immediately.

Anotación 2019-04-16 160107.jpgAnotación 2019-04-16 160224.jpg

@Paul1255  Can the Professional features and the co-hosting invites co-exist, or must choose between being capable to receive invites and having the professional tools?

Thanks!

View Best Answer in original post

7 Replies 7

I am experiencing the exact same problem!

Paul1255
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Prayas1  and @Daniel2464 

If you go into the team function on your account there is a disable team button, if you disable team then your new new listing admins will be able to add you as a co-host without any issues 🙂

A few of us had this issue for a few weeks and the tech team built the disable button in to get around the issue!

Hope it will work for you.

Paul 🙂

I think I just did it!

If you opted out from the Professional tools and features (including Teams) you need to opt-in again. So you can opt out in the correct order. I think the order was the cause of the issue. And by doing it in the correct order it helped me eliminate the problem, but I am not sure. I tried several things. Let me know if it solved it for you too.

First thing is to eliminate any enterprise info, and email address you could have stored in your profile's settings. 

Then deactivate the team from within the seetings of the Team's tool. (This is what @Paul1255 refers to) Thanks by the way!

Anotación 2019-04-16 155904.jpg

Next, return to your profile settings, and select (Stop using them) in the Professional hosting tools 

A message like this should appear: the Teams option should eliminate from the host options immediately.

Anotación 2019-04-16 160107.jpgAnotación 2019-04-16 160224.jpg

@Paul1255  Can the Professional features and the co-hosting invites co-exist, or must choose between being capable to receive invites and having the professional tools?

Thanks!

Paul1255
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

You can still use professional tools  @Daniel2464  as long as you have deactivated the team function (I’m still using them and can still have new listing admins add me as a co-host)

Thanks a lot!

Prayas1
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Many thanks @Daniel2464 @Paul1255  Thats solved my problem

Prayas Choudhary
Alison242
Level 2
Thomas, WV

I am also a professional consultant-host/STR management company. What is the best option for me, Operating as a hosting team or as a Co-Host(which I am currently), if property owners want to retain the final authority?