Hosts claims false damage

Tee265
Level 2
Berlin, Germany

Hosts claims false damage

Hey everybody,

we are desperate and struggling very much with one of our recent stays. The host claims false damage in the apartment of €1.200,-. We have already denied the claim as well as replied to Airbnb and the host.

Unfortunately, Airbnb has already sided with the host on this and approved the host's request. As stated by Airbnb, the host provided the bills for the repair and the proof that we caused the damage - already a few hours after our check-out. All we have seen until now is a receipt of the original installation and not of any replacement/fixing. We cannot imagine that such replacement/fixing could be handled within a couple of hours or even less than a week.

Now we are afraid that Airbnb will charge the amount.

Thank you very much for any support!

5 Replies 5
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Tee265 

Maybe explain some more about the kind of damage and why you think it is not caused by you.

The host submitted two photos of two damages: a crack in the fridge door shelf for €30,- and a pink stain on the sink for €1.170,-. We do not even own anything that could have caused such a stain nor was there anything like that when we left.

Amanda1738
Level 2
Boring, MD

I cannot believe that Airbnb has such a terrible policy for its guests with trying to claim damages we didn’t do. I should not have to document what the house looks like when I get there in case a host lies about how I left it. Just was accused of taking two pillowcases. At a place that cost 518 to stay at a night. Unbelievable 

Hi,

how did you case ended? We’re facing the same thing

Mar125
Level 10
California, United States

@Tee265 

I’m a host here and i have to speak for Airbcover. 

As a host, i constantly got haircuts in the damage payout from Air cover, and airbcover asks tons of documentation to reimburse any claim. 

If you are charged by Air cover, it means the damages you created are substantiated and are probably more than what you are charged. 

It’s all about amicable relationships with your host. Don’t ruin the home/relationship and deny to pay.