Hosts if you value your home you want to no this

Hosts if you value your home you want to no this

Airbnb screened a girl named ** to stay in my home only one night and she left 4 boys and 2 girls unattended and they dumped out a full jug of laundry soap and a 1 gallon jug of palmolive on to my wooden floors and processed to use my house as a skating rink with a snowboard and a bmx bike from the upstairs to the down or vice versa breaking walls ceilings and my floors are carved up by the metal on the sides of the snowboard I am telling you this because I followed all the rules for our host guarantee for damages and turned in all evidence in the appropriate amount of time for a claim and airbnb wont pay for it trying to say its normal wear and now I cant rent my home anymore not that I want to too an incompetent company like Airbnb I have only been hosting 6 months and they say they have a 1 million dollar insurance policy for us host and my estimates I turned in added to 5000 dollars in damages airbnb wont pay good luck to all host out there airbnb is a sham

2 Replies 2
Luana130
Level 10
State of Bahia, Brazil

Did you have pictures from before, it is important to take pictures before every guest arrives to show how it was before. 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

How awful @Stephanie1584 

What sort of damage did they actually cause and what sort of costs were involved.

Sorry it's not clear from your post on what grounds did Airbnb turn down your claim?

I hope you reported the guest to the police for criminal negligence and the woman to social service for leaving children without adult care.

In your situation I would pay to take Airbnb to arbitration. It does have a small costs which they need to cover if you win.

I would also approach my local media about the story....bet Airbnb will change their tune when approached by a journalist.