Hot Tub

Answered!
Sue332
Level 2
Pilling, United Kingdom

Hot Tub

I was under the impression that it was spas and hotels with shared facilities which included hot tubs, jacuzzis etc. which were not allowed to currently open in the UK.  However I have now received information as follows:  

The following venues remain closed: nightclubs, bowling alleys and indoor skating rinks, indoor p[lay areas including soft-play, spas, swimming pools (including pools, hot tubs and jacuzzis in self catered accommodation) and water parks.

I have also read section 2.2.2 of the government guidance section for "the visitor economy" which to me doesn't specify when just one family is attending a private property like mine.  

Has anyone else come across this issue, or seen something on this issue from AirBnb?

1 Best Answer
Sue332
Level 2
Pilling, United Kingdom

@Anonymous thank you for the feedback.  I will ring the council tomorrow to see if they know of anything in the written guidelines as I can't actually see it myself.  If they can't give me a definitive answer I will err on the side of caution and remove it as a feature.

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2

@Sue332   I don't know the specifics of the UK law or the reasoning behind it -- it's not evident that the virus can survive in water long enough to pose anywhere near as much risk as a night in a re-opened pub. But nobody in the world is holding the UK up as a model of how to handle a pandemic, so you can expect a lot of head-scratchers.

As long as this is directive is in place, I think hosts who offer a hot tub are best off removing it from their advertised amenities. If it's a fully self-contained space and the guests are the only people who can access the tub, you can let it be a pleasant surprise that one exists. But promoting it is a feature would be shooting yourself in the foot.

Sue332
Level 2
Pilling, United Kingdom

@Anonymous thank you for the feedback.  I will ring the council tomorrow to see if they know of anything in the written guidelines as I can't actually see it myself.  If they can't give me a definitive answer I will err on the side of caution and remove it as a feature.