Hot tub Maintenance

Hot tub Maintenance

Hello,

we are new to renting and offer a hot tub as part of the rental.  We are wondering if anyone who also has a hot tub with their rental property has advice on how often to change the water and what your experience has been.

4 Replies 4
Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

The one regular user who had a hot tub has retired @Leatha3 or I would tag her to answer your question.  But have you asked the hot tub vendor?  They probably have a lot of experience with this kind of thing.

Ian34975
Level 1
Tamworth, United Kingdom

Hi @Leatha3,

I am happy to help you. 
The biggest advice I can give you is to download HSG282. 
The most important response from your initial request is that you need to change the water after every guest. 
I am happy to help you if I can to navigate this guideline. 

Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Leatha3   We have hot tubs.  We are also on a well, so we do not have to pay water costs.  We empty, scrub out and refill the hot tub with fresh water for EVERY new guest.  The hot tub is usually cleaned and refilling within the first hour of housekeeping arriving on site, and takes 6 hours to heat to a reasonable temperature.  So, done by 11 or 12 and ready by 5 or 6 pm.  Our guests are informed of this process so that their expectations are to enjoy the tub late in the evening of arrival or the next day.  Our cleaning fee includes the expense of this sanitizing.

We found that by informing our guests of this process that we avoided the scam artists who attempted to claim for dirty water, rashes from chemicals, etc.  The issue that you will have will be your ability to offer this level of service.

We also have a well & do the same between guests. What do you do for guests who stay a week & are heavy hot tub users?  Do you ask them to call for maintenance or add chemicals themselves?