House Rules Broken

Amanda88
Level 4
Galway, IE

House Rules Broken

I received a booking very late last night, after 11pm.  When I look this morning I see that the guest has sent a message saying that she and her 9 year old son are arriving today.  I have no children specified on my listing, as part of the AirBnB yes/no answers.

Can I cancel this booking asap and not be penalised ?

This is urgent please.

Thank you.

4 Replies 4
Momi0
Level 10
Honolulu, HI

@Amanda88   First thing first.  Contact the guests via the message board on Airbnb booking to kindly remind them that your listing is very clear about the children policy.  And let them know they need to contact Airbnb to help them cancel this booking to find alternative lodging at this last moment.  This also warrants you contacting Airbnb as well so they can reach out to the guests and cancel the booking for them as another option.  DO NOT CANCEL THIS BOOKING YOURSELF....you will get penalized which you could possibly over turn, but it takes time.  (its truly sad how so many travelers do not read the House Rules isn't it?)

Do you have Twitter or Facebook?  Best way to reach them or call.  Just type in the search bar for European Support PHone line and it will pop up on this community center if you prefer to call.  Lately I have been using Twitter which has been a great option.   You can reach them at @ AirbnbHelp  - Good luck and let us know how it works out.  Aloha, Momi - Superhost in Hawaii #LiveThere

If you feel that me or another host have helped you, feel free to click on the "thumbs up" button at the end of any post. Thank you so much.

Aloha, Momi

Great way to contact Airbnb or via Twitter at AirbnbHelp / Facebook

Hi and thank you so much 🙂

I have just got off the phone with AirBnB and they have cancelled the booking themselves, but I had to insist that I wasn't going to be penalised for something that wasn't my fault.  So therefore it won't show on my listing, thank goodness.

They are also going to reach out to the guest to help them find a suitable alternative for tonight.

On top of that, I am going to message the guest and explain what happened to them 🙂

I have copied and pasted your info into a word doc to save on my computer ! Thank you so much.

I am so loving hosting a room in my house and meeting the guests, that it was a shame that this had to happen so early on in my experience !

See “Contact Airbnb: A Community Help Guide - Airbnb Community” skip to end and call this is an emergency 😉

https://community.airbnb.com/t5/Hosts/Contact-Airbnb-A-Community-Help-Guide/m-p/16165#M728
Andrew - see community help guides for many great FAQ
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Andrew90,

I hope you are good. I hope you don't mind, I've just moved your comment here to consolidate the responses in one place. 

Thanks. 🙂

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.