House Rules & Potential for Noise are too HIDDEN from Guests

Haley64
Level 2
Bucerías, Mexico

House Rules & Potential for Noise are too HIDDEN from Guests

My neighbor has just notified me that they will begin construction next week. I went to "Listing Details" > "Guest Safety" > "Property Info" and I clicked "Potential for noise".

My problem is that I want to make sure guests know this before booking (to avoid bad reviews and poor guest experience). I went to my listing page and this info is VERY HIDDEN at the bottom of the listing under "Things to Know" > "Health & Safety" and then they have to click "Show More" for a popup to appear with this information. Same case for House Rules.

Instead of hiding "House Rules" and "Health & Safety" in a popup at the bottom of the page, guests should be required to read and click "I Accept" before booking.

5 Replies 5
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Haley64  You should add the info about the noise potential due to the construction prominently in your listing description and ask guests in a message when the book if they read that part.

But agreed that Airbnb shouldn't bury the house rules.

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

Airbnb hides everything we write. I realized last week that my guests could see only one sentence of my listing description and then click on "show more" to see the part about the space, other things to note etc...  The "about the neighborhood" is under reviews and below the map, on the very bottom of the page.  No wonder I had a problem with my last guest who didn't read some important informations.

Today I just spent another hour adjusting my text on my 1 listing. I need another hour or two for my other 2 listings, and I feel sorry for hosts with 5 or more

The layout is worse and worse as time goes by...

Dale711
Level 10
Paris, France

Hi @Haley64 

Welcome to the community 😊

You are correct. The guest may not read it because it is in the hidden bottom, same as house rules.

You may consider describing in the end line of the description. Update your ‘space’ section.

Also, add in the house rules of your concern. Reminds again the guest in the check in information potential of noise in certain times.

That is many ways to soundproof a noisy apartment. 

Add rugs., sound-proofing curtains, and a white-noise machine are the best solutions.

I hope you can resolve the issues.

Happy Hosting ✌️

@Sarah977 & @Dale711 Thanks for the suggestions! I totally agree. I ended up lowering our prices and putting a disclaimer as the first line of "The Space" under "Listing Description": 

DISCLAIMER: The neighbor has a construction project going on starting XX. Our town is currently experiencing a construction boom, so it is hard to avoid. Our prices have been lowered to reflect this inconvenience.

But Airbnb should still do something about making them more visible or having guests formally accept house rules.

@Haley64 I saw an idea in another thread about posting it as a construction discount in your title. A bit of marketing to attract guests and they cannot miss it.

I would also suggest having a strong guidebook that encourages your guests to get out of the property during the day when construction is taking place. You may even want to create an optional scavenger hunt for them.

Just some ideas. Hope it helps 🙂

Jorge