House is hosted by a management group (?), wants me to check-in outside

Answered!
Marcell8
Level 1
Budapest, Hungary

House is hosted by a management group (?), wants me to check-in outside

I found several apartments in Amsterdam, in which seems to be hosted by management groups and all of them have an e-mail address in description. They mostly want me to check with the email address if my date is still available. Are these accommodations legit, and is this procedure a common thing? I don't have experience with this and kinda afraid that we might get scammed.

1 Best Answer
Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

@Marcell8Absolutely not. Please report this profile for attempts to contact outside the system. Legitimate hosts don't ask you to contact them outside of Airbnb, and it directly contravenes the terms and conditions. Booking outside of Airbnb means you have no protection if something goes wrong. Please protect yourself and other users and choose a host with lots of reviews who stays within the system. 

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

@Marcell8Absolutely not. Please report this profile for attempts to contact outside the system. Legitimate hosts don't ask you to contact them outside of Airbnb, and it directly contravenes the terms and conditions. Booking outside of Airbnb means you have no protection if something goes wrong. Please protect yourself and other users and choose a host with lots of reviews who stays within the system. 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

You will absolutely get scammed if you email people off the Airbnb platform. Report them to Airbnb and find a properly licensed property in Amsterdam on the platform. Look for long established hosts (1-2 year or more) who have superhost status. Check the reviews.

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Marcell8  I can not imagine Airbnb allows an email address to be mentioned in the description. Can you provide a direct link to such a listing ? Be aware of properties and  "management companies" in Amsterdam anyway, city is well known for scamming ! Also Amsterdam municipality has strict rules for Airbnb rentals.

Best regards,

Emiel

I saved their links but it seems like they have been already removed from the site. Thanks for all of you for the quick response and clarification 🙂

Regards,

Marcell