House location, planted on sea?

Bora1476
Level 2
Ayvalık, Turkey

House location, planted on sea?

hey there,

Last week, a "new house" listing poped up next to my house which is actually by the seaside so this new "neighbour" despite being on the other side of the town, planted its location pin right on the sea 

I am sure, potential guests will notice that the house is not actually there once they read through the listing but it s just annoying to have a "FALSE neighbour" with half the price of the vicinity.

Airbnb have policies against this? or should i even be annoyed you think?

3 Replies 3
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Bora1476 

Location shown on search map is also depending on settings in the listing, as a host can choose  between more exact location and more wide location. But if the new listing has a false address on it (which can only checked after booking it...) , which causes false location, then soon guests will start to complain...

I am 100% sure that the listing uses an exact location instead of the "wide location" that normally relocates  and switch to a "circular zone" when  zoomed in.

The listing's title mention the real name of town that the house resides. Besides, the house is literally like a boat  on the sea and  picture gallery have no sea view or something resembling it... So it s not really trying to mislead.

The listing literally makes every other listing on that area look over-priced while not being on that area.

@Bora1476 the host might not be responsible for this, or even aware of it. Airbnb's map placement is sometimes just wrong. I think I might send an inquiry to the host just informing them of this, in a friendly way. It's obviously not in their long-term interest to misrepresent their location like this, as any guest who books and then arrives to find themselves in a totally different location will be pretty upset.