House party.

Answered!
Briana79
Level 2
Homestead, FL

House party.

Hello everyone, I am looking for a home to host a party of 10-12 people max for my 21st Birthday. Anywhere in South Florida.FOR APRIL 23RD 2021. ( Obviously depending on covid)  Please do not comment if you are just going to be rude, it’s quite simple. I will only be having 10-12 guest therefore I will not be getting a venue. Airbnb use to allow us the option to click parties allowed but it has been taken off for quite awhile. Thank you once again! 
( South Florida Area). This will also not be a rage crazy party.. these are family members and friends who will be coming to a themed party .  I will be the youngest one attending , everyone else is older.

1 Best Answer

@Briana79 There is a different listing site called Peerspace, that is specifically set up for event rentals of all sizes. Many of them are private homes like you find on Airbnb, so I recommend that you search that site instead.

Airbnb's no-party policy notwithstanding, Airbnb doesn't offer its hosts the features (such as a real security deposit) that are important for event rentals. You'll also find that the pricing is based on the typical usage of amenities during overnight stays, which is quite different from that involved with parties. And let's face it, you might be a totally honest person but hosts have no way to know that, and they stand a lot to lose if you turn out to be misrepresenting your group size. 

View Best Answer in original post

5 Replies 5
Briana79
Level 2
Homestead, FL

I’d also like to add ! I will be the youngest one . Everyone else is older (: . 

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Welcome to ABB CC @Briana79 

ABB have recently taken a blanket ban approach to Party Houses as you may have seen in the news.

You may like to look up "Airbnb bans party houses" under Google or whatever search engine you use.

There's also a search box here in ABB CC where you can find helpful info using related words, including Florida!!

It's a shame as there are responsible under 25 yr olds and not everyone does things that may be deemed to be unlawful .

I appreciate there are parties & then there are parties.

It may be better if you joined forces with another family member and asked them to use there account & to write to any host ( regardless of Homeshare / private home platform) about what you require as 3rd party bookings are not permitted by ABB.

May I  ask if you have decided on a theme yet? If so, what is it?

Maybe with some more details someone here in ABB CC who lives in Florida may have just the perfect place .

All the best for the countdown to your major milestone.

Central To All  Home & Location, Remuera, Auckland, New Zealand 

Thank you so much for this informational response! I wasn’t aware of why the party/ event option was gone!. I actually found some homes on Vrbo who allow events !!! Once again thank you ! 

@Briana79 There is a different listing site called Peerspace, that is specifically set up for event rentals of all sizes. Many of them are private homes like you find on Airbnb, so I recommend that you search that site instead.

Airbnb's no-party policy notwithstanding, Airbnb doesn't offer its hosts the features (such as a real security deposit) that are important for event rentals. You'll also find that the pricing is based on the typical usage of amenities during overnight stays, which is quite different from that involved with parties. And let's face it, you might be a totally honest person but hosts have no way to know that, and they stand a lot to lose if you turn out to be misrepresenting your group size. 

Thank you for this information ! I ended up finding a home on Vrbo. (: I will check out Peerspace as well. Thank you !