House sitting via Airbnb?

Answered!
Sel0
Level 2
Sandersville, GA

House sitting via Airbnb?

I've been hosting for a year and have just been informed that my rental is up for sale.

I'm considering traveling a while vs renting another space. Is house sitting an option via Airbnb? I've received lovely reviews as a Superhost. Would like to connect with hosts who would be open to this idea.

If not, sitting service recommendations would be appreciated.

1 Best Answer
NanciandNathan0
Level 5
Lake Buena Vista, FL

HI Sel, Great idea! We are open to house siting! In fact we are traveling for 2 1/2 weeks in November.  Any interested parties would need to be pet friendly (ie...not adverse to kitty litter & feeding duties) as they come with the house. 🙂

View Best Answer in original post

25 Replies 25

Me too! After 4 seasons of hosting wonderful visitors I am looking for Winter hosting/business sitting... It snows where I live in the Sierra Nevada, and I am looking for Plan B. Time to explore a new area with new friends!

Got any leads? Presently I am living in Monterey.

Thanks, Paula 

Curious...does the co-host option fill this gap at all or is that more theoretical?

I am on this site reading with interest. We have a home in BC Canada with an AIRBNB suite in the basement. We live upstairs & have been managing the suite for 2 years now. We love it!  It is an easy job that requires someone to be available to clean when guests leave. We have a lot of pride in our suite (home) as we built & designed it. To date, we have over 160 reviews. All are amazing!  Today it took me only about 15 min to clean because the couple stayed only 1 night & didn’t use the kitchen or have a shower. They left  it spotless!! It would be nice to be able to find a ‘house sitter’ to live in our home upstairs, that is interested in cleaning the suite, so we could continue to operate it & get away for awhile. It’s a great deal for the house sitter as it is not like pet sitting, where you have to be around all the time. AIRBNB house sitting could give you lots of free time. Some times we are booked Everyday or it could be a week or two booking. You clean between 11 am ~ 2:00 ( or you may be able to start sooner if the guests leave early) giving you the rest of the day to yourself. I believe that the house sitting sites are for people looking for pets sitters. We are looking for a ‘House’ sitter. Someone that could give our home the care that we give. Be quiet & respectful & not party.  The problem is, where do you find the venue to find the right person? This sounds like what Sel is talking about. 

Hi Victoria,

I saw your comment and was reading Sel's original thread about house sitting. I was also looking online for House sitting opportunities in December and January (for me to house sit for someone else) and also use AirBnb often. I have stayed at a few places through AirBnb and always enjoy the kindness of the hosts, the hosting experience, and meeting others from around the world. I'd be interested in House sitting and helping clean for you during the winter months, if you're still looking for someone to help take care of your home? I know how important it is to create a clean, quiet, and peaceful place for guests to live and stay and I would be honored to help house sit for you. Let me know if you'd still be interested in a House sitter, or if you know of anyone else that could use a house sitter during the upcoming winter. 

Sincerely,

Kristin 

Lisa1578
Level 1
Driggs, ID

I am looking at house sitting options as well. I live in Idaho but am thinking of traveling for the month of January. I'd love to connect if you're looking for a house sitter in the U.S.

Lisa

Isabelle940
Level 2
Montreal, Canada

Hi everyone!

We are a Canadian & Brazilian couple and we could be interested and available to 'airbnb sit'!

Here's a little bit about us!

I'm 31 years old, from Canada. I'm a freelance photographer & graphic designer. I'm also very devoted to my yoga practice, I have been practicing Ashtanga, every morning since 16 years and I also practice meditation. 

I speak French and English, and I'm learning Spanish (I would say I have an intermediate level of Spanish at the moment, I understand well.) I have a lot of customer service experience (receptionist, cash, waitress, administration help etc). I'm also certified veterinary nurse with 13 years of experience in the veterinary field. I worked in vet clinics for 13 years. I have been housesitting locally and internationally since a few years now (Montreal, Ireland, UK, Hawaii, Mexico, Guatemala, Belize). I also have experience with Airbnb management.

My partner Silas is from Brazil and is 32 years old. He can help in everything manual, from gardening to construction, cooking, reception, cleaning etc. He loves nature and outdoor activities, especially gardening and permaculture, bio-construction, self-sustainable living and cooking. He speaks Portuguese, Spanish and English. He can help in the kitchen as well. He also has experience with Airbnb (cleaning, guests, general help and various projects here and there).

We are slow travellers, and we like to feel the place and connect with locals, therefore we want to settle here for a while. We spent 1 year in Mexico before coming here, where we were managing an Airbnb. Together we cover many skills, we are responsible, quiet and love simplicity.

We can help for check ins, check outs, making sure all is good for the people arriving, cleaning etc.. 'running the place''

Things we can help with

Airbnb
-Online management, communication with guests, bookings
-Airbnb listing: Photography, Description, etc.
-Guests management: check ins, check outs, orientation, presence for guests etc.
-Bnb management: cleaning, making sure things are ready, maintenance, making sure things work without problems

Garden
-Daily maintenance
-Helping with current/new projects
-Growing new veggies/fruit trees

Property
-Presence on the land
-Maintenance
-Cleaning
-Construction help

Animals
-Daily animal care

Other
-Graphic Design
-Photography
-Any visual content for any projects
-Yoga classes to guests
-Housesitting

We are open to locations and dates!

Julie619
Level 2
Seattle, WA

Great thread! I, too, am a former Airbnb host (in the house I shared with my late husband; I’ve since moved to a studio apartment I cannot use as an Airbnb) and miss the lovely experience of making people feel at home. I’m in Seattle and could help Puget Sound hosts who need a house sitter for their Airbnb. Sel and all: Thanks for sharing your ideas. Happy travels to all!

Deborah1227
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

I'm looking for someone to host my home in the UK.  I live in the USA.  I currently have a part-time person who has some health issues.  It is a 6 bedroomed Victorian river mansion but only 3 of the rooms are let out as one houses the host/s.

I am interesting in hosting your home.
I would like to discuss about the details of what exactly do you need, like dates, duties, pay,etc. 
I am a trustworthy, reliable woman. 
You can reach me at my email: **

I am in CAlifornia.

I am willing to help you whatever you need me, thank you for your consideration Lucy 

**[E-mail address removed due to safety reasons - Community Center Guidelines]

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Lucy1013 ! Thank you so much for sharing your interest in helping other Hosts by becoming a Co-Host.

Please note that I had to remove your email address from the comment, as it is not allowed to share private information on the Community Center as per our  Community Center Guidelines.

Incase you already have some Hosting experience, this guide might be of some help : https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Community-Guides/How-to-find-and-become-an-experienced-Co-Host-o... .

All the best!🌻

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Thank you Ms. Bhumika