How Airbnb Host Survive in current situations?

Md-Mizanur1
Level 10
BSB, Brunei

How Airbnb Host Survive in current situations?

Dear All host of Airbnb

We have learned lot of things in last one and half year. Those already leaved the world in current pandemic we pray for them may Allah bless them and those are still alive we have take are of prevention method. ‘Stay positive, stay productive and stay connected’.

Anxiety was natural and it would be good to accept it and exercise all precautions.  Most of the uncertainty was rooted in our anxiety of catching the virus or transmitting it to our loved ones. It is natural to have this anxiety and even understandable. We must understand mental health by understanding the reality component of the pandemic so that we are not overly critical of ourselves. The reality is that we don’t know what is happening or what is going to happen.

We do know that there is an uncertainty about the future. What we can do is exercise all precautions. Exercising precautions gives a sense of comfort that we are doing everything that we can in our control to avoid the virus, builds our confidence and encourages positivity. The all Airbnb host are advised don't focus on problem just focus on solutions and some how try to survive until we see the light.

Be positive and help each others to make this world a better place again.

Regards

Mizanur 

11 Replies 11
Mary996
Level 10
Swansea, United Kingdom

As-Salam Alaikum dear Mizanur . Thank you for your inspiring words of wisdom. You have helped me and I hope others who may see this, and I hope that in turn it has helped you to know that you are having a positive influence.

In fact Mizanur I'd like to invite you to join us with helping other Hosts with their enquiries. Often practical solutions are sought and by participating here you will learn more about these matters but also being able to offer comfort to those feeling a bit low could  be of great benefit.

If you'd like to join in I, or other collleagues, would surely be happy to show you the ropes. Thank you again for particiapting already!

With very best wishes from

Mary

Md-Mizanur1
Level 10
BSB, Brunei

Walaikumassalam. Dear Mary we can work together to overcome the situation. Thank you.

Regards

Muzanur

Salaam,bro,@Md-Mizanur1 

Thank you for being my guiding light by encouragement me and others CC members. 

“ The all Airbnb host are advised don't focus on problem just focus on solutions and some how try to survive until we see the light.” 

🙏Words can’t express how much I appreciate your support and encouragement.

I am extremely thankful to @Mary996 🙏 to help me to realize is always room for improvement. 
Keep up the good work ! “ Make Possible By Host”

Mary996
Level 10
Swansea, United Kingdom

Thank you again Mizanur. 

Would you like an explanation of the process for helping others who come into the Community Centre?

Its very easy and you can chose to whom you respond by looking through the questions asked.

Just above this page in red is the airbnb symbol and beside it, also in red, is the word 'community'. Click on that and look through for the options 'recent'  or 'unanswered' and you'll find questions with which people are seeking help. Don't worry if there's nothing there that appeals but if there is then its a great opportunity to assist. Hope to see you out here. Very best wishes Mary

@Md-Mizanur1 

How Airbnb hosts survive?

Hopefully , many of them have a real work.

If not, they sunk.

Especially when the cancellation policy was not applied last spring.

It looked like a cruise on the Titanic with the happy few surviving and the majority sinking down in music (you are all wonderful hosts but we won’t pay you).

It is a quite risky to deal with Airbnb only.

Don’t put all your eggs in one basket.

But @Nathalie-Et-Gilles0  ... a rising tide floats all boats. So are you going to help to turn the tide?? Speaking in riddles here but we're all in the same boat... we could go on like this sans doubt xx Am sure we will recover. What's your strategy el capitaine????!!  Lets imagine you are in charge. Give us your wisdom x

Mary996
Level 10
Swansea, United Kingdom

Ok avoid all the eggs in one basket for you. But I like my basket with Airbnb... ! There is spirit here. And you guys of course and a healthy multi lingual feel x

@Mary996 bonjour,

As far as i am concerned, the spirit is important but Homeexchange is the real sharing between people.

When there is a money relationship, the spirit is ... different.

At work, i like my colleagues and my job but if was not paid on time, i would look for a more trustable company.

Economically, if the money is not necessary, Airbnb can be a nice activity, but if it is a necessary income, it must be secured.
The deposit is a security but now we know that Airbnb can refuse to pay it.

Not mentioning full refund after a stay when there is a scammer.

Not to have all the eggs in the same basket is another security.

What do i do?

I can stop Airbnb anytime. This is my red line.
Tourisitic rental income is not a necessary income.

I have a real job.
And any real estates agency would be pleased to help me to find somes nice tenants for my student rooms.

And guess what?

When other hosts were not paid last spring by Airbnb, my tenants accepted to pay the deposit.
I lost nothing and i had a 5 stars review in keeping the money.

What was the difference?
I managed directly with the tenant. 

Airbnb didn't stick its nose into my business.
When it was possible, i reimbursed tenants at the pro rata.
Airbnb did a good job in sending new tenants. That's what i expect from Airbnb. 

When things happen this way, it is a win-win relationship.

Sounds good @Nathalie-Et-Gilles0 .

You have a great balance with longer term students. I'm glad. I also have had tenants from time to time.

It maybe the case that Airbnb have responded to complaints about the unwarranted payouts. There is a Guest currently distressed that Airbnb refused her request for a refund. She is on the Community page. In her example the Host promised her a partial refund and an opportunity to rebook at a discount, but then reneged. So it seems that either side can lose out. But it is good that Airbnb are now standing up for the Host Cancellation policies which, as you point out, they should....!!

@Mary996 

The captain sank with the Titanic.

I prefer to be one of those who took a lifeboat.

Or those who never got on board and didn’t pay a death ticket.

But its not a death ticket to be getting a few bob (aka money) for occasional guests. But it isn't enough to live on and would be unwise to try to rely on?