How are reviews listed?

Answered!
Suzanne386
Level 3
Mumbai, India

How are reviews listed?

Hi, I’m Suzanne, a Superhost from Mumbai. I have recently noticed that reviews from foreign guests get pushed way down the list, as opposed to “latest reviews first”. When I contacted Airbnb, I got a meaningless reply that anyone from their country would see their review first. Isn’t the purpose of leaving reviews, that potential guests can read the most current ones first? Many of my guests are from different countries, so this doesn’t make sense. As for reviews left by my Indian guests, it appears to them that my bookings are few and far between. For example, my previous guest was from Algeria, and his excellent review was pushed way down the review list to below one left in 2018. How does this make sense? Has anyone else noticed this problem?

Would really appreciate your thoughts. Thanks!

1 Best Answer
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Suzanne386  Yes, there have been many discussions here about this before, and all your very valid points. For some unfathomable reason, Airbnb thinks this is a good idea. As if guests are somehow more interested in reviews from their countrymen than anyone else, or too stupid to scroll past ones they can't read or translate to ones they can. 

Reviews do appear in chronological order on your profile page, but not on the listing page.

View Best Answer in original post

1 Reply 1
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Suzanne386  Yes, there have been many discussions here about this before, and all your very valid points. For some unfathomable reason, Airbnb thinks this is a good idea. As if guests are somehow more interested in reviews from their countrymen than anyone else, or too stupid to scroll past ones they can't read or translate to ones they can. 

Reviews do appear in chronological order on your profile page, but not on the listing page.