How can I change from Primary Host to Listing Admin?

Julia264
Level 3
São Paulo, Brazil

How can I change from Primary Host to Listing Admin?

I am the owner of the property I rent but when I decided to add it on Airbnb my friend helped me creating the listing.

So he ended up being the Listing Admin of this property.

But now he is not involved anymore and Im just the Primary Host.
But as Primary Host, I cant become a super host, all the reviews goes to the Admin, Its like I had never host anyone. 
So how can I change from Primary Host to Listing Admin? 

26 Replies 26
Aumao0
Level 2
La Selva Beach, CA

I am interested in finding out the answer to this question. Have you received any response? I don't see any yet on here.

Michelle447
Level 1
Escondido, CA

Hello,

I've asked AirBnb this question in various ways to get a different answer but the answer is always the same.  There is nothing that can be done to making you the listing admin.  I'm in the same situation and it's very frustrating.

The listing admin will continue getting all the ratings.  I suggest you create a new listing and block the calendar dates on the old listing to phase it out.

Michelle

Yeah, everyone is telling me the same thing 😞

But the problem is that I have already more than 20 positives reviews and if I create a new listing, I will lose it all.

I just wanted to get a SuperHost status and only Admin can became SuperHosts.

The solution I planned for me was to get SuperHost status for the other listing I launched a few months ago cause the SuperHost status in linked with your profile and not with your listing.

But I know that not everyone has the opportunity.

I am having same issue!  It is so frustrating!  Did you end up figuring out?

Hi Lori,

I had to unlist and re-list with myself as Admin and started completely over...losing all my 5 Star reviews...

Michelle

Michelle you have to get a new account.

Can you please tell me...when you re-list, the system still seems to inherit all the structure of the initial listing...I can't seem to get myself into the Listing Agent role on the re-listing either!!!  Help!  The folks they have to help you know less than I do.  They have no clue

Jerome63
Level 1
San Rafael, CA

My co-host did a find job while I was on vacation.  How do I change the primary host from the co-host back to me, the lising administrator, now that I have returned from vacation?

Did someone help you with your question?

Is there still no way to change from being a primary host to being a listing administrator without removing your listing and then recreating it thus losing all your reviews and bookings???? Has this not been sorted out yet???  

Hi Barbara,

I lost all of my reviews because of this issue and AirBnb did not seem to care nor offer a solution.  This is still a problem.

Michelle

Thanks, Michelle. I had been hoping that this issue would have been resolved by now. 

Hard to believe the issue has not been resolved. It must affect so many hosts. 

Michelle, can you please tell me how you managed to get yourself out of this mess?  Super frustrating.  I am primary host, but want to be Listing Administrator.  I know I have to re-list, but even then the system wants me to have the same structure on the new listing....me as cohost and my friend as Listing Admin.  How did you get around this?  Since I have the same email address, they know me from the first listing.....Ugh. Help!

Shawna33
Level 10
Columbia, MO

I have opposite problem. I helped a friend create the listing, but they do not take my advice and now I want listing off my account before they pull my reviews down further.

I am thinking to have the owner create an account and recreate the listing, add me as co-host. Then I can recommend a change to reservations to the new listing maybe? After I get everyone moved over, i can delete from my account. 

You could do similar maneuvers to get existing bookings transferred to your account and start collecting reviews on your history maybe?