How can I change my listing from house to cottage???

Answered!

How can I change my listing from house to cottage???

I have listed my space as a house but just realized that due to its natural surrounding + 300 m of dirt road to get there + wooden house, listing the space as a cottage is more apropreate. How to make this change?? Is it possible?

1 Best Answer

thank you very much Emiel for your time and your advice!

View Best Answer in original post

13 Replies 13
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Hello @Victor315,

You can change the property type to something what is in the drop down menu, i noticed "cottage" is also there. It can be set under "listing details" ,  section "rooms & guests", option "property type".

Best regards, Emiel

thank you very much Emiel for your time and your advice!

Hi Emiel

That does not work for me to change from guesthouse to cottage.  ie .  Under listings, edit listing, rooms and guests,  option property type: the drop down options only give  Guesthouses. Guest suite  or Farmstay.  Any other suggestions?  The abnb site says i need to choose "Manage listings" and I cannot locate that.

Nelson

@Nelson-And-Therese0 there used to be a "Manage listing" button. It was removed in favor of just clicking on the name of the listing to edit. When they say "Manage listing" they just mean clicking on the listing so you can edit it.

So to give yourself more options, make sure you change the menu *above* the property type.

See the attached screen shots.

Screen Shot 2018-05-12 at 12.18.47 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-05-12 at 12.18.54 PM.png

Thanks Mathew, that has worked.

Nelson

Allan94
Level 2
Brasilia, Brazil

Hi, Everyone,

I have an "In progress" listing that I want to delete. Anyone knows the steps I need to follow to succeed doing that? I tried to manage my listings but apparently, I can find no way to delete an "in progress" listing. Would be great to hear from you.

Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Allan94,

On a laptop, go to you listings and click on the three dots on the right for the listing concerned. A drop down menu will appear. Select "Deactivate" from that menu as highlighted in the screenshot below.

Steve.

Screenshot (100)_LI.jpg

Hello @Steve0,

I simply can't find this type of visualization as explicitly in the screenshot below. Is there differences between mac and pcs?

Cheers,

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Hello @Allan94 ,

Then you are still on the "old" listings layout. Sooner or later you will be moved also to this one by Airbnb. If your listing is "in progress", it is not active (So can not be deactivated i guess ?):

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/476/how-do-i-snooze-or-deactivate-my-listing

best regards, Emiel

Hello @Allan94,

I've never used a MAC so can't say if the the Airbnb site layout appears differently on them to on a Windows machine.

If your listings page doesn't show some settings or menu button for the listing you want to delete then one option is to go through the process to complete the listing and then select to permanently deactivate it. If you do this, make sure to set the nightly price very high so no one will book it in the few minutes it takes you to deactivate it.

Deactivating a listing  on a Windows machine is done by going to your listings, selecting the one you want to remove and scrolling down to the end of the page. Then in the "Listing status" section click on "Edit". Then click the "Permanently deactivate listing" link.

You could also contact Airbnb support.

Type "contact airbnb" in the "Search the community" box on these forum pages where you posted your question. Scroll down a little in the list of suggestions that appears and click on the "Contact Airbnb: A Community Help Guide[UPDATED]" one. That lists phone numbers and ways to contact them via Twitter or Facebook.

Steve.

Hi @Steve0,

I guess I am not succeeding in deleting my in-progress listings because my Airbnb is not updated. I will have to wait till it has that new layout. Thank you so much anyway. 

Cheers,

Tanya116
Level 1
Auckland, New Zealand

Hi, I have the same problem and can't to remove or deactivate listing which I don't use anymore. I am a new at AirBNB , please help

Thanks

Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Tanya116  Go to Listing then scroll all the way to the bottom and Edit Listing Status. The place it says Listed is a dropdown box select delist and save. To permanently remove it you need to call AirBnB and answer some security questions and they will do it then.