How can I find a Superhost near me?

Answered!
Bruce61
Level 2
Anderson, IN

Apart from booking a stay in my area, I wondered if there was a way to contact a local Superhost.

Although I'm fairly domesticated - I can cook well enough to entertain and am reasonably tidy - making a place feel "homey" isn't among my skills. It would be nice (too much to ask?) if a superhost, or someone from AirBnB, was willing to come 'round to my place and make suggestions for how I should improve things before I list.

I've been to a number of AirBnB locations myself, in the US and overseas, and taken pictures where I was particularly impressed; but every place is different, and some advice on how to improve would be very welcome.

1 Best Answer
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Bruce61 See if there is a  Facebook group near to you. And if you don't do Facebook it is quite simple to learn!

View Best Answer in original post

12 Replies 12
Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Bruce61   It would be helpful to know where you are located (town/state) so that if there is a host on this site who wishes to help, they could contact you.  Your profile does not display where you are from.  I am in Asheville, NC.

Anderson, IN.

I'll fix my profile.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Bruce61 See if there is a  Facebook group near to you. And if you don't do Facebook it is quite simple to learn!

I joined a FB group today. Of course, its members are scattered all over the world, which is why I thought there might be an easier way via this Community.

Felicia193
Level 2
Oak Park, IL

@Bruce61

I have a small (1300ft) Airbnb in upstate NY. I began Airbnb-ing in November 2021. 

The aesthetic specifically isn't that important as long as everything is available, clean, comfortable and functional.

I bought some things new, but I also bought things at thrift stores. This is a thing I like to do. You can buy things off of Facebook Marketplace.  

Stay in the house for a night or two or have a picky friend stay there. This way you will notice, for example, you need more lamps or a night table. 

I think people want parking, internet access (wifi) and cleanliness. 

Ask your guests for suggestions about how to improve the house. 

I wish I could decorate your house...

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Bruce61 

I would love to go to town on your listings, but then I am the opposite of you as I'm really interested in interior design, furniture and decoration. Does it matter though? You have great reviews and your guests seem happy. Are you getting as many bookings as you want? If so, I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Of course, there is always room for improvement, and I think @Felicia193 's suggestion of staying there yourself (in the actual guest bedrooms if it's already a shared home that you live in) and getting a picky friend to stay over is great. You will learn over time though what guests want/need.

Cleanliness is obviously very important, but so is a really comfortable bed. I did not have the budget to buy very expensive mattresses, but I got the thickest mattress toppers that I could find and guests absolutely rave about how comfy the beds are. They rarely mention it in the reviews, for some reason, but do tell me in person, so I think it must have some impact on how they feel about the stay overall. 

I live in the house where these rooms are and am usually fully booked. I also have all the help I need with respect to cleaning and interior decorating.

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Bruce61 

Well, in that case, I wouldn't stress about it too much. You are getting plenty of bookings and your guests seem very content.

What is it that you feel could be improved about the space? Would you like to be able to raise your rates, for example, or are you just looking to perfect the listings as much as you can? I can see some areas for improvement (there always are with just about any listing), but they don't look 'un-homely' to me. 

I’m not stressed about it, especially since AirBnB made me a Superhost.

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Bruce61 

So, what's the problem? Sounds like you have it all sorted already...

Sudsrung0
Level 10
Rawai, Thailand

@Bruce61 

Have you tried YT? some good video's there

Sudsrung0
Level 10
Rawai, Thailand

@Bruce61 

Have you tried looking on airbnb? there is loads of them