How can I get a 5star review from guests who don't want to leave my house?

Cindy223
Level 3
Taipei City, Taiwan

How can I get a 5star review from guests who don't want to leave my house?

Just want to know what I should do to get a 5star review from guests who don't want to leave my house. If I report them they definately will give me a 1star review. If I don't report them then the next guests will give me a 1star review.

I offer best experience so guests don't want to leave and I can't report them.

I will be punished for offering best experience.

6 Replies 6
Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Cindy223

If you get a bad review from someone Chinese, you will get less Chinese.  Maybe that will solve the problem ? 🙂

Not taking back to back reservations and leave a gap day could be a solution - then you can be more flexible.  

Assuming there are no major language barrier, remind and remind again about check-out times and explain why.  First reminder at the time of booking.  Repeat in your house rules and house manual. In the manual there is more space and you can explain why. Remind the guests to print their itinerary and read the manual.  

Try to book your own place on the app and work your description so that the essential info is visible also on the app platform.

Thanks for your replies dear. You won't get less Chinese. You only get more and more Chinese...:p

But there are people from other countries doing the same. So the point is still the retaliatory reviews.

@Cindy223

Honestly? Even if you let those guests stay beyond the check-out time, there is no guarantee they will give you a 5-star review. If it were me, I'd be firm about the check out time and SWEEP them out if I have to. Barge in, smile and say you need to get the place ready for the next guests, and start cleaning! 

Thanks for your replies dear. Yes we can't. It is just an ironic title. Maybe it should be: "how can I avoid 1star reviews from guests who don't want to leave my house?" The answer is till: we can't. That's why we need to call the airbnb to improve its review system.

You have no control over what star rating or review the guest gives. That is up to them, not you, so you can not "avoid a 1 star review."

You should: 

Be careful about who you agree to rent the place. Communicate with them well before accepting the reservation.

Treat all guests well, politely and professionally.

Be clear about the checkout date and time, and send them a reminder message before that day.

If they refuse to leave by that time, call the police and let them handle it.

Don't worry about their rating or review. Just move on to the next guest.

My account will be deleted by I guess like three 1star reviews? It's time to say goodbye to you all 🙂