How can I send my guest check-in information? What is the best way to get them a pdf document?

Answered!
Meg73
Level 2
Grass Valley, CA

How can I send my guest check-in information? What is the best way to get them a pdf document?

I have booked my first guest and I would like to give them something they can print out with instructions for their arrival.  It appears that 'messaging' won't allow attachments.  Can I request an email or is their email available to me somewhere?  

1 Best Answer
Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

@Meg73, take a look at the message thread with the guest. To the left, under "About this guest" you will see an Airbnb-generated temporary email address. You can use that to send attachments. 

View Best Answer in original post

8 Replies 8
Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

@Meg73, take a look at the message thread with the guest. To the left, under "About this guest" you will see an Airbnb-generated temporary email address. You can use that to send attachments. 

Thanks Lawrence!  I found it.  And thank you for your quick response.  I'm scrambling to tidy up last minute stuff for my first guest!!  

Hi Lawrene

I'm in the same situation as Meg and would like to send a document to a guest. Do I use the airbnb-generated email address from my usual email address away from airbnb? Or do I use it within airbnb? Juat that it says not to communicate away from airbnb.

Thank you!

Did AirBnB remove this email option?  It didn't show up under my current guests booking.  What a mess this can be...

@Meg73

In addition to sending an email like @Lawrene0 explains, you can also send image files thru the ABB app mesenger on your phone. (for some unknown reason the webpage messenger does not seem to have this function!)  ABB is known to be a bit glitchy so I always send both an email and message just to be safe. Happy hosting~

Gregory--and-Eva0
Level 1
Oranjestad, Aruba

Thank you, for the infromation above , it was very helpfull  

The option above does not exists. This is a pretty basic feature that I hope Airbnb will fix soon. At this point I have to ask each guest for their personal email address in order to send them pre-arrival information :(. 

David-And-Ruth1
Level 1
Zürich, Switzerland

I am also having to ask for personal email to send arrival instructions. I suspect some guests don't want to release their email address. So it is really annoying that there is no way to add a pdf or text file to messages.