How can i figure out the exact charges and set the prices?

How can i figure out the exact charges and set the prices?

I've been hosting for a few years. Charges and fees haven't ever been straightforward, but recently it became even more confusing. I set the nightly rate according to the host service fee which used to be 3 per cent and now if I understand it right it varies between 3 and 5 depending on the cancellation policy. Nevertheless, when the guest accepts my offer the amount that I see that I should get is less - my host fee shown to me is something like 4.88 per cent with moderate cancellation policy (which should be 4). I suppose there is one more fee that I am charged, which last year appeared on the detailed description, and now - not (the one for bank services, 3 per cent). It seems that I am paying the host fee of 4.88 per cent plus these 3 per cent bank fee, about 8 per cent. Am I right, or what is this 4.88 per cent about? Where did the line with the bank fees disappear? Will I pay it, or it is included in these 4.88? 

I am renting in Italy, and in the questions section it says that normally the host fee is 3 per cent, but for Italy it may be more. Did anyone have this?

1 Reply 1
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Hello @FrancescoandOksana0 ,

Fees are subject to VAT. So Euro 4,- + 22% (Italian VAT) makes Euro 4,88.

You can find the VAT invoice for each reservation in your list of reservations.

Where do I find my VAT invoice?

Best regards, Emiel