How can you close your account?

Patrick716
Level 2
Stuttgart, Germany

How can you close your account?

I am writing this with my older second account.

I have cancelled my main airbnb account over 1 week ago. It was not clear from airbnb's website that it is required to  call them and request to delete the account additionally. (Why is that even necessary?) There is no way to delete your account on your own! Anyway, so I called them. And I called them already 3 times. Each time requesting them to delete my account. They said: "We will forward your problem to the legal dept." What problem? What legal dept.? I just want to close my account. It should be the easiest thing to do! I do not have any bookings open and was a respected user for 2 years. Until today over 8 days, I havent heard from airbnb's "legal dept", nor have I received any response of an email sent to support member at response@airbnb.com requesting them to delete my account and list all data they have still saved and stored about my account. 

So my question is, how can one delete the account? Has any succeeded in deleting their account? Why is airbnb ignoring my emails?

I am very angry about airbnb's behaviour, and I will surely never be a customer again.

2 Replies 2
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Hello  @Patrick0,

According to the HELP you must ineed call Airbnb to permanent delete your account.

See: https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/240/how-do-i-deactivate-or-delete-my-account

But seems to be a problem to get it done....

I said I already called 3 times, and requested that. It seems airbnb speculates on the user to forget about it, and keep the data?