How do I add Additional Charges

Martin96
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

How do I add Additional Charges

Hi, I have only recently started promoting my holiday villa on Airbnb but just had an enquiry from someone who has asked how much the pool heating charge is? I have this on my own website and a few others I am using but I cannot see how to add it on Airbnb, the same goes for the security deposit - this is handled by my Property Management company and is either a damage waiver policy or guests need to leave a credit card with a pre-authorisation on it. I have managed to add the cleaning fee but can only see prepopulated drop down options for additional charges and no ability to add custome ones that I need. Can anyone offer any advice please.

Many thanks

Martin

2 Replies 2
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

You need to read up on how AirBnB manages payments and security deposit.

In brief: you set a security deposit which is an agreement by the guest to pay up to a certain amount in the event of damage. They do not pay this up front, it is just an authorisation to charge to against their credit card if necessary.

There is a limited number of ready made additional charges, which you have already found. 

Items like pool heating you will need to include in your description and give an figure for it.

Once a person enquires you can ask them if they wish to avail of any of the extras. If they do, then once the booking is accepted, you send them a Special Offer.

The Special Offer should include your total accommodation costs, cleaning fee and any additional charges agreed. Do not include the AirBnB service charge.

Your guest must accept the Special Offer, if they don't you will only receive the original amount - so make sure they click to accept!

Thank you for the response and the details much appreciated