How do I add another 1099 to my listing since its just mine on the listing but its two of us?

Daniel873
Level 1
Signal Hill, CA

How do I add another 1099 to my listing since its just mine on the listing but its two of us?

So I own this house with my business partner. the account is under my name and email so it has my 1099 info. How do I add his info so that im not taking all the Tax pay at the end of the year?

1 Reply 1

@Daniel873:
One idea is to set your partner up as a co-host and pay him the amount (percentage of the total fee or set amount of the fee) as desired.

Another idea is to set up two payout methods and assign one to you and one to your partner. Then drop down to payout routing rules to designate the amount that would be transfered to each bank account.

However, ideally you should create a partnership business entity such as an LLC and obtain a federal EIN number and a business checking account. Set up the payment to go to your business checking account and you will receive a single tax notification at the end of year in your business' name. Your accountant will then split the net income on your taxes when he does the business tax return and you and your partner will only show your specific income to pay your own taxes on it.