How do I agree to the Covid 19 safety practices?

John2420
Level 2
Presteigne, United Kingdom

How do I agree to the Covid 19 safety practices?

I've checked through all the materials and guidelines. How do I agree to the safety practices?

3 Replies 3
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@John2420 I can't find a way either. I wonder if Airbnb are reviewing the situation or perhaps they don't want us to sign up just yet.

Interesting to hear if anyone in the UK can sign up.

Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

I followed the link from the email, agreed to the new rules, and got the 'you're good to go' message. 

Ian-And-Anne-Marie0
Level 10
Kendal, United Kingdom

Where do the support staff find time to harass hosts over these matters? I've been harrassed to add a photograph of a convenience access because I didn't clearly show the whole route from the dedicated and extensive free car parking. Really??! Don't you have more pressing tasks to occupy yourselves with - like paying hosts - or pointing out the booking contract details with guests?

So here's the thing...  Covid 19 safety practices.. We've attempted over the last few months to apply this to our account, alas - not compatible. We had bookings which meant we could not comply. We were prevented from applying the safety practices. So therefore (I presume) we were fair game to have non-compliant bookings attempted to be forced upon us, maximising those booking opportunities which Airbnb had? Where in this scheme of things were the non-compliant Airbnb bookings we had ever instructed to cancel or change? Never...

So now we're instructed to comply to this new safety practice by a 20th November deadline. We've been doing it anyway, but we need to tick a box somewhere? That deadline is over a month away. We'll easily manage it by the 10th, so not that pressing. 

Has any other host had prospective guests require that they identify the cleaning processes undertaken and further to that point have any even considered that additional costs might be expected?

Only one of our group of guests has enquired, not via Airbnb, and not that their enquiry was in-depth.

Yesterday, Airbnb attempted to allow a booking at our place with a 5 hour turnaround on arrival and a 5 hour turnaround on checkout. We declined. How does this sit with any safety practices and who is policing who here?

Crazy times.