How do I block dates on my Calendar

Answered!
Dee157
Level 2
Cape Town, South Africa

How do I block dates on my Calendar

Hi Eveyone. 

I have read on airbnb.com how to block dates on my calendar. However, it does not seem to work?

I want to block my house for 6 months.  

When I clicked onto Listing and then Calendar and selected the dates and dragged the cursor along the months... it just did not work.

Surely there should be an easier way where one can just punch in Jan 2019 to July 2019?  Please help. 

Also, if you want to snooze your account ......its also a problem.

I went into listing on airbnb.com account but could not find Manage Listing.  Where is that on the screen?    Please help.

1 Best Answer
Dee157
Level 2
Cape Town, South Africa

Thank you Steve.

Your explanation was far more user friendly than airbnb.com instructions.

Thank you for taking the time to help me.

I have followed your instructions and it worked! 🙂

Best wishes,

Dee

View Best Answer in original post

10 Replies 10
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Dee157,

The method you describe should work. Doing the dragging should cause a window to appear on the right as in the screenshot below. I clicked on the 14th and dragged to include the 15th. Those dates appear in the "Selected dates" section of the window on the right. You should then be able to click on "Blocked" to block the selected dates. Then don't forget to click on "Save".

You can achieve the same effect by clicking on the first date you wish to block. The same window described above should then appear. Then click on the date to the right of the arrow in the "Selected dates" section to set the end date. Then click on "Blocked" to block the selected dates. Then click on "Save".

To snooze your listing click on "Host" and then select "Listing". Then scroll to the end of the page and click on the "Edit" button in the "Listing status" section. Then click in the status box to choose the option to snooze the listing.

The fiasco with "Manage listing" is all due to Airbnb changing the site layout over a year ago and refusing to to help hosts by updating the help guides.

Steve.

Screenshot (95).png

Dee157
Level 2
Cape Town, South Africa

Thank you Steve.

Your explanation was far more user friendly than airbnb.com instructions.

Thank you for taking the time to help me.

I have followed your instructions and it worked! 🙂

Best wishes,

Dee

Sharon608
Level 2
New York, NY

I'm brand new to Airbnb hosting although I have experience with VRBO, so I'm learning the differences. I have a beach property that I rent weekly in the summer only. Am I correct in understanding that blocking out the entire calendar with the exception of the summer season negatively affects my ranking and/or my property showing up in searches?

Thanks,

Sharon

I am having similar issues, any one know the answer?.

Suzanne848
Level 2
Bridgetown, Barbados

This method no longer works.  How do I block dates on my calendar now.  2022

@Suzanne848  It works fine for me. On the desktop, not the app, and using Chrome browser.

Hi Suzanne848, see Steve143 answer above. I have just blocked my dates just by following his answer ☺️
hope it helps.

I cannot get it to work on Chrome- I  do notice airbnb doesn't respond but if you post something negative about airbnb like getting reimbursed for my house being trashed they block the site .

@Virginia633  If you post something negative where? Airbnb doesn't respond where? They block what site? You need to be more explanatory. I post all kinds of negative things and nothing has ever gotten blocked. 

wow, you sound like a barrel of laughs....