How do I change my length of stay minimum for a specific time period only

Deborah2
Level 2
Vancouver, Canada

How do I change my length of stay minimum for a specific time period only

Hi All

I have my condo listed sporadically. I will be out of town for a week soon and want to open my place up for one week minimum then - instead of splitting it up for 2 nights here - 2 night there as I don't have anyone to come in and clean between guests and don't want to use a service.

How do i change my minimum stay to one week during that time period only?  I don't wan't it to affect the other dates I have open later in the year when I am o.k having a 2 night minimum.

Hope this makes sense and thanks in advance for your help!

Deb

4 Replies 4
Dede0
Level 10
Austin, TX

@Deborah2 --  You can set custom minimums for specific dates. Go to your calendar. In the gray bar above it, over to the right you should see "Availability settings". Click that. Scroll to the bottom where you'll see an underscored line that says something like "Add a requirement" or "Add another requirement". Click that. The first field will probably show a 3-month range, like "Mar 2016 - May 2016". Click that field and it will expand. Select "Specific dates". Two new fields will appear for you to specify your start/end dates.

EXTRA RAMBLING THAT YOU CAN PROBABLY IGNORE: One thing to keep in mind is that linking 2 or more specific adjacent days together like this doesn't just affect those days. It can also alter the "bookability" of one or more days before the specified dates. For example, if you specify a 3-day min for, say the 15th through the 18th, that also affects the ways that the 14th can be booked. How far out this effect extends is always 2 days less than the specified minimum stay. For example, if you specified a 7-day min for some set of dates, and then someone wanted to book a 6-day stay that starts 5 days BEFORE your special dates, they wouldn't be able to book. (Same thing if they tried, for example, to book for 3 days starting 2 days before your special dates.)

Thanks so much for our help and advice Dede!!

Best

Deborah

Erica110
Level 2
Albuquerque, NM

Hi! Thanks for asking this question! That is half of what I wanted to know, but the other half is how to change the description of what's being offered during that specific time? We have a Balloon Fiesta where I live and instead of only renting my spare room, I'd like to offer the entire condo for that 10 day period. I'm sure there's a way, but for some reason I have a hard time understanding this site. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Erica

@Erica110, I think you need to create a new separate listing for that. You can link the calendars so that you don't double book.  But if you set up a new listing (with all the same photos etc.) you can focus on the balloon festival and raise your prices etc..