How do I change the price for a certain period of time?

Maria865
Level 2
Poulsbo, WA

How do I change the price for a certain period of time?

Someone just purchased 3 days at my home.  No problem.  However, she got a deal I didn't want to offer!

I rent my bedroom out for $49.  with use of the apt. I rent.   And cook breakfast.   But for a certain period of time, let's say vacation time, I have a cohost.  I clearly state what that time is and I sent into the system and set up pricing for those days at $500 for the week; after all, they'll have the house and yard to themselves.

Well, someone just purchased 3 days at the $49 rate.  I don't understand why or how to fix the system so that this does not happen again.

I also am annoyed that I just can't call someone for help.  Not just for this situation but for another that I would also like answers ASAP ... from a human I can talk to over the phone.

12 Replies 12
Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

You can call for help, @Maria865. The numbers are here in the forum (second post in Community Help), and searchable via Google. 

Contact for hosts should be 1 click.  Not searching. But thank you for the information.  I did try to search and couldn't find it.

Okay, here's a link then: Contact Airbnb

Odd that it didn't show up for you. All the best.

Cynthia-and-Chris1
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

@Maria865  You have one listing and it is for a private room.  You need to create a second listing for an Entire House, which will have a separate calendar and a different price.  Make sure to sync the calendars to each other so you don't get a double booking.

Thank you.

What I was finally able to do, after I changed browsers, was set a price of $72 for each day I'm on vacation. I added a note on my listing to make sure that people area aware that they'll do breakfast on their own.

@Maria865  The only problem with that is folks searching for an "Entire Home" listing (because they, presumably, want to be alone) during those dates won't see your listing in the search results since it's classified as a "Private Room."  Not sure if that makes a difference to you.

Thank you Cythia.     I didn't think about that.   So it seems that the best way is to turn the room off for the vacation time and turn on the entire home, right?

I use Outlook, desktop version, and it doesn't look like the AirBNB program syncs with that calendar.  Any suggestions?

Beverly31
Level 1
Anchorage, AK

I am having trouble with the pricing too.  The summer season in my area should rise and I would like to be able to set a minimum nightly for a certain period.  I tried with the online help setting the weekly amounts, but that didn't seem to work.  Our busiest month went back to lower pricing.  I too would like to be able to talk with someone.  Is there anyway to make that happen quicker.  I did have a call when I was working setting it up, but never published -- I received a call from someone then.  

Del12
Level 2
Thirroul, Australia

Same for me  people booked for Easter weekend only at the normal price.   This should be extra for holiday demand time.  I did ask for an $50  but Airbnb didn't add it on. How can I make holiday times extra through airbnb

Linda187
Level 2
Bundall, Australia

I understand this predicament, I have just had a 3 day booking at $65 and then the next three days at $53...I didn't make the adjustments but Airbnb made the adjustments on my behalf, they should have both been at the $65 being this time  of the year...I als agree that there is no one to talk to, maes

Is AirBnB pricing rubbish? With features introduced by techies that have no idea what owners want? Anything that is not simple to use when it comes to application behavior is normally due to a rubbish feature? what exactly does an owner want? it is hardly no more difficult that to set up periods for a full year(may be one or multiple periods) and set a price for each period?  and be able to adjust periods and prices as the year progresses?

What an owner doesn't need are nonsense application features that give erratic price setting.