How do I change the price for a certain period of time?

Daniel1032
Level 2
Wales, United Kingdom

How do I change the price for a certain period of time?

i want to reduce the price for one of my listings during january, how do i go about doing this? 

5 Replies 5
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Daniel1032,

The article below explains how to set custom prices for specific periods.

I found it by clicking on "Help" and then typing "price" in the search box.

How do I set a custom price for specific nights, weeks or months?

Steve.

Thank you

sorry to bother you but this didnt actually solve the problem

for the whole january month i want to offer guests a 20% discount, i currently charge alot more for weekends than i do for weekdays. in the link you provided the first method it describes, is to reduce the nightly prices for the dates i select in the calendar.

i currently charge double for weekends than i do weekdays, so with this method i have to individually select a weekday block, set the nightly prices and then select a weekend block and change those prices then select another weekday block etc

the second method in the link changes the weekly and monthly discount rates for every single month via the "Length-of-stay prices", but i only want to reduce prices for january, the other 11 months i want to keep the original prices

i hope i was able to explain this properly

i know there should be an option to give a discount for a certain period of time because the preview tips have tried to make me do this afew times, but its never told me how i can do it myself

also is there a number i can call or someone i can directly email about this? i only just started using airbnb but ive been using 1 other hosting site for the past 1/2 year and its never been anywhere near this difficult to adjust my prices, i feel like im missing something

any help would be much appreciated

Hello @Daniel1032,

The only way to give a discount, as in a settable percentage reduction, for a specific period of time is to follow the links in any email offering you the opportunity to do so.

There's no manual setting way to do it yourself. The only price settings that you can manually select are the ones in the "Pricing settings" on the calendar or that you see by clicking on a particular date on the calendar.

To find contact information for Airbnb support:

use your favourite search engine to search for "contact airbnb" or "phone aribnb" etc.

or

Log in and click on "Help" and then type "contact airbnb" in the "Ask a question ..." box. Then click on the "I want to contact Airbnb" link.
Then click on the "Contact page" link near the end of the page.

You can also type "contact airbnb" in the "Search the community" box on these forum pages where you posted your question. Scroll down a little in the list of suggestions that appears and click on the "Contact Airbnb: A Community Help Guide[UPDATED]" one. That lists phone numbers and ways to contact them via Twitter or Facebook.

Steve.

wow this is very suprising, thank you for your help