How do I delete a saved message? It seems they can be edited but not deleted.

Susan868
Level 3
New York, United States

How do I delete a saved message? It seems they can be edited but not deleted.

When I use saved messages to interact with guests I have a lot of messages that I have to scroll through which are obsolete.   I made and used these messages for a previous listing but don't need them anymore.  How can I get rid of those obsolete messages so I can just save and use the current ones?

5 Replies 5
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Susan868 

In the "saved messages" screen you can choose at bottom "edit saved messages".

It then provides you a button "edit" and a button "delete" !

Romana19
Level 2
Prague, Czech Republic

Super,díky za radu,mám stejný problém

Susan868
Level 3
New York, United States

Actually I do not mean "saved messages" but "saved responses" ... This is on the app -- for hosts' ease in communicating the same answers to probable same questions guests. ask... Like "how do you operate the A/C?".  There is indeed an "edit" button but no "delete" button.  My problem is that these Saved Responses are there for a Listing I no longer have (so of course I don't need those Saved Responses).  My remedy for this is to go back to the 80's and ask myself how we would do this kinda thing if we were confronted with it in the 80s on the Wang word processing computer...Haha.  So I came up with this method:  When I go to the Saved Responses(on phone App), as there is no "delete" button,  I press "edit" (which is in the top Right corner).  In the edit mode, you can delete the text but not the title.  I delete the text and type in "Obsolete" for the Title of any of the old "Saved Responses" I no longer need.  Whenever I need to write up a new response and Save it to use again without retyping, I call up one of the Responses with "Obsolete" in the Title, write the response, then Rename the title.  I still have a lotta Responses titled "Obsolete" which I have not yet used but it does the trick.  Here's to the efficiency of the 80s!

Annette592
Level 1
Tetbury, United Kingdom

I am having difficulties with deleting saved messages that I no longer need.  The person above says 

"In the "saved messages" screen you can choose at bottom "edit saved messages".

It then provides you a button "edit" and a button "delete" !

I don't seem to have the "edit saved messages" or delete button!!  I'm using my laptop and not the app.  Any suggestions?

Thanks

Dayne0
Level 2
SF, CA

Was this ever resolved?