How do I find my posts?

Christine455
Level 7
Meadview, AZ

How do I find my posts?

A few hours ago I posted about the new sanitation requirements.     Then I edited a few typos and for clarity.

Got a "moderation" notice after I fixed the last typo.

It's not in my "latest posts" in my profile.

I could spit nails!

10 Replies 10
Christine455
Level 7
Meadview, AZ

THIS post shows up as my latest post in my profile.

Didn't know that Airbnb is censoring here too.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Christine455  No, they aren't being censored.  What happens is that this site can be quite glitchy, especially if you've just composed a long post. So what those of us who are familiar with that issue do is to try to remember to highlight and copy the entire post before hitting Reply, in case it just disappears into cyberspace, which is really frustrating. Then you can just open a reply box again and paste the whole post back in and hit reply again.

There are things like swear words the Airbnb algorithm will bleep out, and personal info like email addresses and phone numbers, or the name of a guest, but the rest of the post will remain. An entire post only gets removed if other posters flag it as racist or offensive, etc. but even then, usually only the offending parts get removed, and that stuff is done by the moderators, not an algorithm.

Posts don't get censored here just just because they may be critical of Airbnb, as you can see from reading all the posts like that here.

@Sarah977 Thanks!

I actually DID already write the post twice.  The first time I wasn't logged in and instead of sending me to the login and SAVING my post, I got a generic error.

I don't get how editing out a typo can result in a "moderation" notice and the post then disappearing,  but if it can be screwed up, Airbnb will manage to do so.

Unsurprising, I'm so incredibly frustrated with Airbnb.   Exactly like Amazon and every other large corporation.

I might try to post about Airbnb blocking my calendar if I don't agree to clean according to their rules tomorrow.    I should have made it a public post.

Christine455
Level 7
Meadview, AZ

I've posted FOUR times about how to opt out of that  DAMNED cleaning policy that I did NOT agree to, but Airbnb thanked me for signing up for that IDIOTIC policy.

My posts are here, then they're gone.

This is BS!!!!

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Christine455 

What exactly is your point ?

Your listing shows you have committed to the Airbnb 5 step enhanced cleaning protocol

So you must have opted in yourself via:

https://www.airbnb.com/hosting/covid19safety

added:

Emiel1_1-1603654579153.png

My point is that:

1)  I don't appreciate being CENSORED.

2) I NEVER agreed to these IDIOTIC rules because, apparently, I'm the only host who is not a liar.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

It's highly doubtful that your posts are being censored. It's just a glitchy system. Totally innocuous posts will often disappear into cyberspace or erroneously get a error message.

As for all hosts who signed up for the protocol being liars who won't clean like that, you are wrong. The cleaning protocol is very little different from how I've always cleaned my Airbnb space- I don't find it idiotic, although in it's original form, with the washing all the walls and ceilings nonsense, it certainly was, so I never signed up for the first one. The new 5 step process seems reasonable to me.

@Christine455 

Christine455
Level 7
Meadview, AZ

@Sarah977   **

Now that my post finally IS there, only because I announced in my reply that I was taking a screenshot so I could prove the deletions, I realized that on my previous posts I've even seen VIEWS.  

My posts prior to this one and then after this one were DELETED.

Wow, aren't you charming. Sucking up to Airbnb? Because I told you that other hosts (including me) often have their posts disappear not because they were censored, but due to tech errors? That's a lie? Many other hosts could tell you the same thing.

You don't get to call other hosts here liars. If you can't be civil, maybe you shouldn't come here expecting help from others.

You are obviously on a rant, attached to your anger, and know everything. Good luck with that attitude.

@Christine455

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Christine455,

sadly the systems do not always work as I'd like them to. I've just had a look and could see that your post was stuck in our spam quarantine possibly due to multiple quick attempts to post topics. You can find your post here https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/I-rather-have-AIrbnb-BLOCK-my-calendar-than-agree-to-the...

@Sarah977 has nicely explained some issues we experience from time to time on the Community—thank you for that Sarah. I know we're not perfect, but we will always try to help out wherever we can. 

Also, @Christine455 there's no need to personally attack one another here as we're all here to help each other. Let's keep conversations respectful here. 

Regarding censorship, a quick glance on this community will prove that we allow everything as long as it does not breach our Community Guidelines which can be viewed by clicking >here<. 

Thanks,

Quincy 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen