How do I get hold of someone @Airbn who will resolve the 1099K issue for me, very frustrating!

Matt3931
Level 1
O'Fallon, MO

How do I get hold of someone @Airbn who will resolve the 1099K issue for me, very frustrating!

Airbnb sent the 1099K taxes to my host instead of me and every time I call I get a new person to deal with and start all over.  It seems like no one reads the previous email threads and the issue never gets resolved and I get a totally different answer from a new person.  The payout account is mine and i have been getting paid.  My host is only a contact person to communicate with the guests.

The issue is not complicated all they need to do is void taxes in my hosts' name and issue it to me but Airbnb has not been resolve it since March 19th.

It has been very frustrating.  Here is the case #2020006713299, if someone can help, the case number was given on March 19th.  It seems like guy named Ryan E sent me a tax form to fill and I did and told me he got it and the case is closed but I never got my taxes.  First they were supposed to have sent the tax document by Jan 31st by law but they did not and when they did they sent to wrong person. 

I have requested that some responsible person call me and I get promises that someone will call me and no one does.

It has been very frustrating to deal with Airbnb

Matt 

4 Replies 4
Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Matt3931   You may get faster action if the host also complains -- after all, if the 1099 form was sent to the government with his information on it (name, social, etc.) then it counts against his reported income.  

Lorna,

My host has also contacted and complained to Airbnb and she gets run around each time she calls and each new person  gives her totally different answer. 

It has been very, very frustrating.  Airbnb has helpline only for booking related issues and nothing else and every agent says it is my department that is understandable but then they should provide contact information of the responsible department; phone number, email or chat but no one does and sometimes they just hang up and we have to call again and start with a new person.

Could someone help!

Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Matt3931, welcome to the Community Center 👋   I'm Katie, one of the Community Managers here.

I'm sorry to hear you've had this issue - it sounds very frustrating. I checked in with the Support team and they confirmed that they have your case, so fingers crossed you should hear from a Support Ambassador soon. Let us know how you get on 😊

Hi Katie,

I really appreciate your support and I was you were responsible to take care of the issue.  Please forgive me for being harsh.  I am dealing with an idiot named Jameela it seems like her only job is to irritate customers.  I would fire her right away!  I don't want to hear from her again.

It seems like she does even read the messages or the previous threads and her answers are always irrelevant from telling me that my property did not make $20,000 while Airbnb sent my host 1099K indicating $21,750; she sends me links what a host can or can't do; now telling me that I need a tax consultant and on and on.

All we are trying to do is correct and error that 1099K got sent to a wrong person and these things can happen once in a while.  This error occurred while we were setting up the account with the help of Airbnb.  Airbnb's customer service guy in Philippine corrected the payout information but forgot to take out my host's tax ID.  If someone responsible calls me I can answer any of the questions and or concern.  I have consulted Tax consultants as well they all tell me that is Airbnb's error and they need to correct it.  Please help!