How do I go about giving a guest of mine a "free" upgrade without getting a double booking?

Merryl-And-Steve0
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

How do I go about giving a guest of mine a "free" upgrade without getting a double booking?

I would like to give my guest an experience of a free upgrade of their room.

I only have 2 rooms so that would mean I would need to block both of my rooms and running the chance of not getting booked in the original room.

Please advise how to go about this, so that I can release the original room booked

Many thanks

Merryl

5 Replies 5
David3267
Level 10
Torquay, United Kingdom

not sure you can without blocking off your other room & hence losing business. Hopefully someone else might be able to help you.

Hi David

Thanks for responding.  I decided not to upgrade them as I didn't want to lose revenue for both the rooms.  This is definitely a problem, with AirBnB.  Hopefully this request will be noticed and in future, we can upgrade guests without the complications.

one can live in hope but I wouldn't hold your breath!

@David3267 See below for how to this this

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@Merryl-And-Steve0

@David3267 

You can "upgrade" this guest to the other room but clicking "Change or Cancel Reservation" then clicking Change Reservation. You then can change the listing. This will send your guests an alteration request which they will have to accept in order to confirm the change. When they accept, the booking will be for the second room and the dates on the original room will open. FYI, the dates on the second room must be open for the request to go through. If you have those dates blocked, it will show as not possible. See example below:

Screen Shot 2019-09-02 at 8.21.42 AM.png