How do I know a reservation is made/confirmed?

Christel30
Level 1
Amsterdam, Netherlands

How do I know a reservation is made/confirmed?

I have been in contact with a guest, who wants to rent my house. This will be my first guest through airBnB. I have pre approved him, and he says he thinks he made the reservation, but I have not received any confirmation notices from airBnB, or payment details.

How do you know a reservation is confirmed?
What can I tell him to do so he can confirm the reservation?

Thank you for your feedback

2 Replies 2
Hilary-And-Ed0
Level 10
Brookline, MA

If he has booked and paid, you will get a little "confirmed!  So-and-so is arriving on Such-and-such date" in the message stream with the guest.  

He will be prompted as well.  IF he does not complete the booking, he will continue to get prompted now and then to "complete the booking" by Airbnb.

Wynand-and-Jeanette0
Level 2
Aliwal North, South Africa

Hello everyone.  I am new to airbnb, and have recently received an enquiry about my home.  I responded to the guest, but had no reply back.  I thought he may not be satisfied with the price that I have quoted, and subsequently sent him a special offer.  Still no reply, and both the pre-approval and special offer have now expired.  How do I know that the guest did indeed receive my replies, and if he did, how will I know if he accepted same?  Do I cancel the entire thing, or can the guest assume that he made the booking and still arrive on the dates specified?  What if I accept another reservation and end up with a double booking?  I have not received a notice to say that the guest have made a reservation, or received any payment.  Please help?  Thanking you in advance.  Regards, Jeanette