How do I make Airbnb default to "Hosting" when I log in?

Neil173
Level 2
Calgary, Canada

How do I make Airbnb default to "Hosting" when I log in?

How do I set my account up so that I don't have to visit the travel page every time I log in?  I don't do any traveling so 99% of my dealings with Airbnb are hosting related.  What's worse is they've made it next to impossible to find the hosting page without me having to manually type it into the address bar.

Is there a way to default to "Hosting" so I don't have to waste my time every time I log in, or is Airbnb so arrogant to think that by pushing me to the Travel page that I'm going to pick up and travel?

15 Replies 15
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Neil173  After you log-in, click on your profile photo in the upper right hand corner. You should see "switch to Hosting" in the drop-down menu.

Neil173
Level 2
Calgary, Canada

Yes I used to see that on my laptop, but not on my iPhone. And now I don’t even see it on my laptop.

My question, however, was how can I default it to “Hosting”?

Yadira22
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Neil173  maybe bookmark the hosting URL as to go directly to this section of the website,  changing the website to default at hosting is not possible at least from my experience. Hope this is a suitable solution. 

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

@Neil173  try to book mark the Hosting page next time you manage to land on it that way you should be able to access it immediately on your devices, subject to your device history settings.

Clear your cache to either manually with history or all history.

It's a pain when not sure how to go about these things as often we have pages we have read that we haven't bookmarked to keep that we don't wish to lose...however cleaning out one's cache also gives one more data space..

All the best from a fellow Commonwealth country Host

Central To All Home & Location

Remuera, Auckland, New Zealand 

Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

I've learned to live with the one-click it takes to get on to the hosting page. 

Neil173
Level 2
Calgary, Canada

Well imagine how horrible websites would be if everybody had that same attitude… All I’m trying to say is that it’s a horrible user experience, and for no good reason. 

so I guess Airbnb communities aren’t very helpful… Do you guys have suggestions on where I can provide this feedback?

I’d really much prefer it if AirBNB treated Hosts like partners which is what we are. Its like having to sit through a timeshare presentation every single time I login, which probably wouldn’t be as bad if the site wasn’t so ungodly slow and the links actually showed up properly. 

Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Assuming this isn't a spoof post, @Neil173, I fail to agree it's the 'horrible user experience' you cite, or the  'timeshare presentation' (without the free lunch) endurance test.

You either choose one click, or - for a smoother experience - bookmark/favourite the page. 

The alternative is to spend hours on to CS trying to explain why seeing their landing page is making your eyes hurt. 

Ernst60
Level 1
Cape Town, South Africa

The "Switch to hosting" button takes 5 seconds to appear. Of course the user experience is terrible - the fact that so many people complain about this should be the first clue.

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Neil173 Not sure why you find the community unhelpful as you've been advised to bookmark the URL having cleared the caches or, the alternative which is to live with the absolute horror of having to make another click.

In the greater scheme of things hosts request from Airbnb I fear this is one that is unlikely to get fixed but there are opportunities to feedback to Airbnb as you use the website - Just click on the feedback link when you see one.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Neil173  5 hosts took the time to answer you and tell you how to get onto your hosting pages. How nice of you to tell us how unhelpful we are.

Neil173
Level 2
Calgary, Canada

While I appreciate all of the responses, I wasn't looking for a band-aid solution or workaround, I was looking for a way to fix the problem. 

But I digress.  Thanks for your time, guys! Keep up the stellar work, I'm sure Airbnb appreciates you doing their work for them... it is after all their entire business model.

Guy785
Level 1
Calgary, Canada

I think the problem here is that the "Switch to hosting" option isn't available at all on my mobile web browser, which is the main point of frustration.  The other point of frustration is that some people use Airbnb solely to host, and thus shouldn't be forced to land on the "traveling" page every time they log in.  

Jerome-and-Emily0
Level 3
Saratoga Springs, NY

@Neil173 I am 110% behind you on this.  It is my biggest annoyance of using the site and app.  Just logged in and had to wait for the hosting button to load, for the 1000th time, and then I did a google search to see if there was a way to default it to hosting yet, there is not but I found this post.  

There should be a preference users can choose to load the hosting page by default.  @Airbnb are you listening? 

Jerome 

Denis1763
Level 2
Port Townsend, WA

I completely agree with this complaint and the frustration. It drives me crazy that I cannot go to the Airbnb website and default to the hosting page.  Do they think that by landing on the travel page I might just succumb to a temptation to make a reservation? It's ridiculous. Indeed, why there is not a dedicated hosting page, with its own URL is unfathomable to me.