How do I put a discount on certain dates?

Sarah803
Level 6
Whangaparaoa, New Zealand

How do I put a discount on certain dates?

I have some dates coming up I have no bookings for so I want to offer a discount I don't want to just reduce my nightly price but add that little discount tag - how do I do this

43 Replies 43
Nordia0
Level 2
Sister Islands, Cayman Islands

Same here! ๐Ÿ™

Yes your right so would I like to control my own promotions as I am only a newbe to this and already finding I myself would like to make promotions, and strike-outs myself.

Nina501
Level 2
Sant Joan Despรญ, Spain

Same happens to me! I just got a message from airbnb suggesting I give a 12% discount on a few days I have empty but I click on the link and it leads to my listing and I canโ€™t change anything there.

I really donโ€™t understand how to accept this suggestion and that the discount offer appears on my listing.

Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

@Nina501 when you clicked the link you accepted the discount.

The 12% discount is now on your listing.

The message that pops up after you activate the discount says that any users who are looking at your listing will get an email from Airbnb inviting them to book at the 12% discounted rate. I also wish we could see how the listing looks to the user!

Nina501
Level 2
Sant Joan Despรญ, Spain

Hi Jeff, thanks for your reply. Yes, I called Airbnb and they explained that the problem is that those links don't work well with the app and I should do it from my computer. When I did it worked fine straight away. 

However, I agree with other hosts that we should be able to set up this kind of discounts by ourselves. Maybe with a limit on the amount of the discount or the number of days offered per month but we should be able to do it when we fell we need to. 

What do you think?

Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

@Nina501 

Last minute discounts are available in rule sets, if you switch on the professional hosting tools.

Go to your account settings and click "Settings", then you can switch it on.

Untitled3.png

This only works for companies. Not for individuals like me on Airbnb.

@Aimee-and-Tony0 wrote:

This only works for companies. Not for individuals like me on Airbnb.

There's an option in the settings you can select for 'advanced user' or something that opens up these options to everyone. I think if you have a certain number of listings it defaults, but if only have a few you have to select the option. I wish I could remember what it was, but I selected it so long ago that I forget where it was, or what it was called. But perhaps just knowing it's out there will help you find it. 

Andrew-and-Cynthia0
Level 1
Bowmanville, Canada

Hi All

I just noticed that you can now add a last minute booking discount. I had not seen that option before. 

Where is this option?

Hi, where is this option to add a last minute discount? I just had a cancellation for the next few days!

Thanks

Hiya.  Where is the option for this tool. I've been suggesting this to Airbnb for such a long time. Could you point me in the right direction? 

Hi James and Justin,

Not sure if you ever found an answer to your questions, but I figured I'd answer you 2 months later just in case (as it took me a while to figure it out! ๐Ÿ™‚

The Early bird and Last-minute discounts will only appear if you turn off Smart Pricing. Go to your Pricing settings, turn off Smart Pricing, and refresh your page. You'll first only see the "Early Bird discount" section available. To make the "Last-minute discounts" section appear, you need to set the "Early bird discount" to something (even if just to test it) and refresh the page again. In a moment you'll see the "Last-minute discounts" section appear. 

And there you have it!

Cheers,

Jackie

read below - it doesn't really help in publication of the fact of what you are doing